Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

57 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

As I keep saying, fair has nothing to do with it.

If three teams were on level points from 1st to 3rd you would probably say "well its fair enough to cancel" but because Liverpool are well clear, you thinks its harsh on them. That logic is ludicrous. Either the season is finished or its voided. It's that black and white.

We have a game in hand though. It can't be that black and white. Not just for us either

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ah ok, I get it now.

I was thinking that, us being the only team with a game in hand, would mean we would play that game and that would be it.

Although I've now realised that would make no sense as well as Chelsea will have played 30 games. ( I assumed Chelsea had a game in hand as well)

My bad lol.

Everyone is on 29 games apart from us, City, Arsenal and Sheffield On 28 games. If everyone played this weekend. They'd all be on 30, us on 29.

Only games in hand are Villa v Sheffield and Arsenal v Man City

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We have a game in hand though. It can't be that black and white. Not just for us either

Points per game average.

I'm surprised there's no established rule for it, not so much for a virus but for a breakout of war 

Seen some Liverpool fans scrambling to claim that the FA have a rule that if 75% of games are played then the league can be final... But the FA don't rule over the Premier League... 

29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I said the season is either voided (cancelled) or finished (38 games played)?

This virus could well be problematic right through the start of next season. So what happens then. No summer transfer window and all clubs go with what they have, when they are actually able to start the games again.

And what about season 20/21? Possibly just ditch it?

I am beginning to think the unthinkable. That this season could be declared void.

That would be a shame.

😁😁😁👍👍👍🍾🍾🍾

• Like 1

Well I think we can all agree that it is not going to restart in April. They are obviously waiting to see if the Euros will get pushed to 2021 which might give a chance to finish the season. How crazy is this.

It might be in the long run a good thing for the game if they learn that they must  all act together  as a sport and stand in solidarity to support the smaller league one and two clubs to save them going out of business.  

That's probably being ludicrously optimistic though.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Only thing they can do is void the season, and plan for next season. If we get to next season and there's still a problem, then that season gets condensed into whatever time there is. Either way, this season is toast. 

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Hopefully the guys on the panel making the final determination are made up of Evertonians, Utd & City fans! :crylaugh:

Prince William is the current President of the FA.
Sport: Football
Geographic scope: England

Weird way of framing it but that's google doing that from wikipedia...
Edited by Jareth

The problem you have is lets say they try restart in april then a wolves player picks up the virus and 3 players have to self isolate then on a separate fixture pep gets it so those two games cant go ahead.

Then we back to where we are today

• Like 1

The idea on twitter I saw was a good one tbh.

award Liverpool the title and leave league as is.

promote Leeds and West Brom and relegate no one.

sides currently in playoffs have a late summer playoff. (Late July). 

23 league season in 2021 and five teams relegated. 

Remove premier league from the league cup as a result. 

I think that’s about as fair as you can do it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem you have is lets say they try restart in april then a wolves player picks up the virus and 3 players have to self isolate then on a separate fixture pep gets it so those two games cant go ahead.

Then we back to where we are today

Are you seriously contemplating the coronavirus having disappeared in 3 weeks?

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:
Prince William is the current President of the FA.
Sport: Football
Geographic scope: England.

The FA have very little say on the affairs of the Premier League sadly.

It'll be interesting, if things drag on into the summer, there will be very little break before the start of the 2020-2021 season and it may even have an effect on fixtures on 2020-2021. If that's the case and we then have the Euro's in the summer of 2021, there will be very little break for the players before the start of the 2021-22 season and then the 2022 season will start early so that we can have a big massive stupid gap in it for the Oil World Cup - it will be a few years of turmoil. 

In all of that chaos, you can expect lots of powerful clubs to attempt to push through some really damaging agendas - football's disaster capitalists will be sneaking through the downgrading of the FA Cup, the removal of the League Cup, an enlarged Champions league, removal of international football, weighting of TV monies, winter breaks, domestic leagues of reduced size, bigger squads, bigger benches, more substitutions, preferential champions league qualification and the move toward a super league.

Whatever the equivalent of washing your hands for that is, as supporters we're going to need to do a lot of it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

The idea on twitter I saw was a good one tbh.

award Liverpool the title and leave league as is.

promote Leeds and West Brom and relegate no one.

sides currently in playoffs have a late summer playoff. (Late July). 

23 league season in 2021 and five teams relegated. 

Remove premier league from the league cup as a result. 

I think that’s about as fair as you can do it. 

But why would southampton, palace, Newcastle etc want to play in a PL where 5 teams are relegated next season? Also likes of Fulham are just outside automatic places, then being told they are just playoffs? That's the same as saying we are relegated. I appreciate there is no way of keeping everyone happy.