Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Remaining fixtures reference...

Spoiler

Our fixtures: Leicester (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (a), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)

Watford: Palace (a), Leicester (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Norwich (h), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (a)

West Ham': Arsenal (a), Woves (h), Tottenham (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Norwich (a), Watford (h), Man Utd (a), Aston Villa (h)

Bournemouth': Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Wolves (a), Newcastle (h), Man Utd (a), Tottenham (h), Leicester (h), Man City (h), Southampton (h), Everton (a)

Brighton: Wolves (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Norwich (a), Liverpool (h), Man City (h), Southampton (a), Newcastle (h), Burnley (a)

Newcastle: Southampton (a), Sheffield United (h), Aston Villa (h), Bournemouth (a), West Ham (h), Man City (a), Watford (a), Tottenham (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (h)

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Hide contents

Our fixtures: Leicester (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (a), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)

Watford: Palace (a), Leicester (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Norwich (h), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (a)

West Ham': Arsenal (a), Woves (h), Tottenham (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Norwich (a), Watford (h), Man Utd (a), Aston Villa (h)

Bournemouth': Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Wolves (a), Newcastle (h), Man Utd (a), Tottenham (h), Leicester (h), Man City (h), Southampton (h), Everton (a)

Brighton: Wolves (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Norwich (a), Liverpool (h), Man City (h), Southampton (a), Newcastle (h), Burnley (a)

Newcastle: Southampton (a), Sheffield United (h), Aston Villa (h), Bournemouth (a), West Ham (h), Man City (a), Watford (a), Tottenham (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (h)

Our game in hand doesn’t appear here. It’s against Sheff Utd.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Its the first win for Watford from their last 6. They lost they’re arguably best player. Yes they had a huge win but still a lot to go. 

They’re fighting, my god, read what Deenay said before the match.

I’ll be honest enough and say that Liverpool declined, its not out of question that Watford would get something. 

The most important result was Brighton losing to Palace at home, that was a big ask from Palace, our former players done a job there. 

Useless Chelsea atleast drew. Hoped for more than a draw from Burnley. 

But still its a much better shape than it would’ve been considering the twists that happened the last couple of weeks. 

Good thing the Sheff Utd game is the one that got changed, will keep some ok home games which we would have some chances at.

I don’t think it’s beyond us to win at Leicester, their belief and their form is really bad.

Still long way to go. Lets just focus on tomorrow, its our most important games this season. Hopefully we do it this time! Hoping the results today can help us having the fight needed.

Hopefully the Liverpool loss can make City have a thinking of winning the league and maybe have an off match tomorrow somehow.

Up The Villa. We’ve been in a much worse situations than this, this season and came out of it. 

Yeah Newcastle and Brighton getting away from us was a bigger worry than Watford or Bournemouth getting their first good result in a month or so. The more teams in touching distance the better.

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Reveal hidden contents

I see 6 or so teams there with potentially not a massive amount to play for or other games to think about by the time we play them. I think we saw today what happens when a weaker team needs the result a lot more. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know what. If it didn't mean losing Jack I wouldn’t even care about getting relegated. I enjoyed our time in the championship but Grealish has been a joy to watch over the past few seasons and it will be a real shame to lose that. 

I’ll agree with this. C’Ship was much more competitive top to bottom, every match was winnable by either side. The current Prem kinda sucks. I get no satisfaction from being the “best of the rest” trying to finish 7th and having nothing to show for it. Breaking into a European spot is possible, but the Prem simply isn’t a level playing field.

The only perk for me is that being in the Prem makes it much easier for me to watch Villa in the States.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see 6 or so teams there with potentially not a massive amount to play for or other games to think about by the time we play them. I think we saw today what happens when a weaker team needs the result a lot more. 

They are proffessional players, they will play for a win unless there is only 2/3 games to go and there is  nothing to play for

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know what. If it didn't mean losing Jack I wouldn’t even care about getting relegated. I enjoyed our time in the championship but Grealish has been a joy to watch over the past few seasons and it will be a real shame to lose that. 

Agreed I could take a drop knowing we keep Jack. If we do sell I want a buy back clause 

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Classic Villa though - you must be used to it. Not used to losing a player of his rare, home grown quality, but us not holding on to and building on anything good over a meaningful period of time. Life as a Villa fan doesn't work like that! We get the odd, occasional glimpse of glory, which subsequently evapourates. Hence the doom - it's in our blood. Even if by some fluke, we win today, it probably won't inspire us to finish the league strongly in the way it might some teams. Our lot will just become even more ragged and loose on the ball and we will go down as the bottom team. I'm exaggerating of course, it probably won't be that extreme, but as a club, in our recent history, we have shown we are expert at not being good enough... Last season was an exceptional run of form, but going straight back down and losing Grealish would be classic Villa!

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

West Ham and Bournemouth have a similar run in to us and are in similar form. It’s going to be interesting, that last day could be a nail biter. 

Bournemouth and West Ham are in better form than us. They’ve both managed to win a game recently. 

I expected West Ham and Watford to both get out of it at some point with the likes of Brighton, Newcastle and Bournemouth getting dragged in. Unfortunately, these teams have pulled away from us too. 

We’re in a real mess and our fixtures aren’t easy. Smith needs to find a way to win. McGinn and Davis back for the run in should help but I think we’re too weak at the back to survive. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bournemouth and West Ham are in better form than us. They’ve both managed to win a game recently. 

I expected West Ham and Watford to both get out of it at some point with the likes of Brighton, Newcastle and Bournemouth getting dragged in. Unfortunately, these teams have pulled away from us too. 

We’re in a real mess and our fixtures aren’t easy. Smith needs to find a way to win. McGinn and Davis back for the run in should help but I think we’re too weak at the back to survive. 

After watching Watford and West Ham recently i think they have more about them than Bournemouth.

Current bottom 3 will go down imo.

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

They are proffessional players, they will play for a win unless there is only 2/3 games to go and there is  nothing to play for

They’ll always play for a win but you’d expect a team battling for survival to be more up for the fight than a team with an outside chance of finishing 5th.  Maybe I’m clutching at straws.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Losing out on hundreds of millions but you don't mind getting relegated. Are you people even villa fans?

It's a complete disaster for the football club

Maybe there’s more to life than spending day in day out posting about the doom and gloom of the club. 

Obviously we want to stay up and we all need to rally behind the club to try and do that. But if we go down life goes on. 

Bitching and moaning 247 about it ain’t going to help our cause mate. 

After watching Watford and West Ham recently i think they have more about them than Bournemouth.

Current bottom 3 will go down imo.

Teams will pick up points here and there. The Watford win is a complete shock. But I'd still be looking up to Newcastle as team still very much in the relegation scrap. 

Survival is all in our own hands. 

Losing out on hundreds of millions but you don't mind getting relegated. Are you people even villa fans?

It's a complete disaster for the football club

None of us has the insight or passion you do in relation to all things Aston Villa and yours is the only acceptable form of support. Please will you forgive us?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Teams will pick up points here and there. The Watford win is a complete shock. But I'd still be looking up to Newcastle as team still very much in the relegation scrap. 

Survival is all in our own hands. 

Newcastle are only a win and a couple of draws away from survival.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle are only a win and a couple of draws away from survival.

Newcastle can't buy a goal at the moment. Haven't scored in 4 games. I think I said in another thread it wouldn't be a surprise if they didn't win another game this season.