Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Really? Where are those wins coming from? We’ll be lucky to get another two wins imo. 

After the Spurs game you’ll be asking where the second win will come B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

If we can beat a full-strength Leicester side, then we can win another 2 games. You think Chelsea / Utd / Arsenal / Spurs / Wolves at Villa Park will be a foregone conclusion? Not a chance. All those teams have stumbled against weaker opposition.

Samatta is a huge upgrade on Wesley from what I've seen. Not sure where all this negativity has come from just because of a 2-1 loss away to Bournemouth. Our form at the moment is good!

The Cup is a completely different fish imo.

We beat them in the cup, yes. But in the cup the pressure is off. There are no points at stake.

We're yet to beat a top side in the league. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We beat them in the cup, yes. But in the cup the pressure is off. There are no points at stake.

Can’t wait until we beat a so called top side. You’re the first person I will stick it to! Hope you don’t go quiet when it happens.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

We're winning more than 2 games out of the remaining 13 fixtures, come on...

Probably yeah, My worry is almost how many draws we get. We aren’t free flowing enough to win lots of games. Can we turn enough Should-be losses into draws and valuable points.

I think we win 3 if I'm honest, maybe 4. Which in theory should put us within touching distance. I think 5 wins plus would be a big task. Turning the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United from (let's be honest) probable-losses into valuable draws or-ideally- a win or two, will keep us up. We should go into United and Arsenal particularly confident imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim said:

Really? Where are those wins coming from? We’ll be lucky to get another two wins imo. 

We've won 3 out of our last 7, you really think we won't win another 3 in almost double the matches? Come on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We've won 3 out of our last 7, you really think we won't win another 3 in almost double the matches? Come on.

Looking at the teams we’ve got, no. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Looking at the teams we’ve got, no. 

Palace, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham are the games we have to try and target for me. If we can get 2 or 3 wins out of those then we have a good chance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Palace, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham are the games we have to try and target for me. If we can get 2 or 3 wins out of those then we have a good chance.

Man U as well i fancy our chances against them.

• Like 2

We should be targetting wins in each of the next two for a start, Tottenham aren't very good away from home, on their travels they've only taken three more points than us, and Southampton have the worst home form in the entire league.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm sure the players will disagree with you, especially as we played Leicester after beating Watford, we were in a good position in the league compared to the couple of weeks before. I'm sure if you asked most of our players (possibly the manager) wether Spurs game (considering that we are out of relegation  zone) more important to win or the Leicester semi, most would say the Semi. The only down side of it is that we were expecting Man City to play us. If we had a chance to play a lower team then that definitely important.

I'm also sure if you gave any Leicester fan the choice to either beat us in the league or the cup (during the circumstances) they'd choose the cup.

Spurs game won't defend our whole season. Yes I'd agree if it was a 6 pointer, but as it stands, the cup is important.

I'd take beating City at the final than beating Spurs in the league. We just need to slowly take ourselves out of the s**t, but once we do that, we might not find another chance to win a trophy.

All of our players are having more pressure during the semis or the final than playing top 6 in the league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If we can beat a full-strength Leicester side, then we can win another 2 games. You think Chelsea / Utd / Arsenal / Spurs / Wolves at Villa Park will be a foregone conclusion? Not a chance. All those teams have stumbled against weaker opposition.

Samatta is a huge upgrade on Wesley from what I've seen. Not sure where all this negativity has come from just because of a 2-1 loss away to Bournemouth. Our form at the moment is good!

My mailman would be an upgrade on Wesley. But you're right, Samatta's looked great.