Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

16 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I doubt we'll beat Watford either whenever that prick Deeney plays against us it's like a hex. 

You do realise that Watford are playing 4 games in 9 games due to their game being postponed yesterday?

FA Cup: Watford face four games in nine days after replay postponement

Watford's fixture congestion

Saturday, 18 January - v Tottenham (h)

Tuesday, 21 January - v Aston Villa (a)

Thursday, 23 January - v Tranmere (a)

Sunday, 26 January - Wolves/Man Utd (h) - if Watford beat Tranmere

I suspect that they will throw the towel in against Tranmere but that is very congested which will give us an advantage. 

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

You do realise that Watford are playing 4 games in 9 games due to their game being postponed yesterday?

I suspect that they will throw the towel in against Tranmere but that is very congested which will give us an advantage. 

I did see that. Don't think it will make much difference if we play the same as the reverse fixture, we got bullied. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I fancy us at home against all four of these teams. Especially against United. 

Same here. At the start of the season, the only two teams that I feared were Man City and Liverpool. Obviously, Leicester have become an unstoppable force again this season, so they're now unbeatable most weeks too. But every other team in the league has had poor and shaky spells, and Smith needs to set us up to win against all of them. Stranger things have happened.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd say United are the best chance of a win at home, they will probably sign some great player in Jan though. We'll get nothing from Wolves, Chelsea, Spurs at home. Maybe a draw against arsenal. I doubt we'll beat Watford either whenever that prick Deeney plays against us it's like a hex. 

If you're just giving up Spurs at home we deserve to get relegated. They have won two away all season and recently took 1 point from Norwich and Southampton (should've lost to Norwich aswell) and couldn't beat Boro away in the cup. Likes of Sissoko and Kane obviously injured for our game. Maybe wildly optimistic but I'm expecting to win that game from new signing bounce e.g. like that Man. City game all those years ago with Darren Bent.

With Man. United and Wolves I think it depends if they're still in europa league and have games on the Thursday before they play us, that would increase chance of getting three points from one of those games as neither are likely to get 4th so europa is a better bet for CL football.

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

They were going to play the reserves up at Tranmere (look at the team they put out in first game) so that won't change. Saturday lunchtime to Tuesday evening is nothing unusual and indeed longer build up than we'll have.

Problem v Watford is longer it's a draw the crowd will be screaming for us to get forward and that will play into Watford's hands I fear.

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

They had a player less than us for half the game a couple of weeks ago and that didn't give us any sort of advantage so not sure a few of them maybe having to play a couple of days later will make much difference. Hell they barely even changed the line-up at all in the 4 games over christmas & beat utd, us & wolves and drew away at sheff utd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

They were going to play the reserves up at Tranmere (look at the team they put out in first game) so that won't change. Saturday lunchtime to Tuesday evening is nothing unusual and indeed longer build up than we'll have.

Problem v Watford is longer it's a draw the crowd will be screaming for us to get forward and that will play into Watford's hands I fear.

Watford game is going be temse like The Baggies game few years back when Lowton won the late penalty 

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hope not - but I fear without a major influx of quality players we will.

How much is major? we cant bring in an entire team in January that would be even more kamikaze

Brighton's defence really struggled with pace against Everton at the weekend. So El Ghazi through the middle might not be a bad idea. Didn't realise how slow Dunk was until I watched the game. They've also only won 1 game in the last 6 in all competitions.

We've definitely got a chance of getting something if we turn up and play well.

• Like 1

Losing Heaton, Mcginn and Wesley to long term injuries is such s**t luck. Along with Grealish and Mings it’s the spine of our team. 

I’ve always believed we’d stay up. But if any of our rivals had the same predicament you’d fancy them for the drop. It’s not looking good it is? :(

My heart says we’ll stay up. My head says the current bottom 3 will go down. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Losing Heaton, Mcginn and Wesley to long term injuries is such s**t luck. Along with Grealish and Mings it’s the spine of our team. 

I’ve always believed we’d stay up. But if any of our rivals had the same predicament you’d fancy them for the drop. It’s not looking good it is? :(

My heart says we’ll stay up. My head says the current bottom 3 will go down. 

It may well all feel very very different this time next week.

Thats how close it is, and the fine margins at play. And it will be so all season. Have faith !

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It may well all feel very very different this time next week.

Thats how close it is, and the fine margins at play. And it will be so all season. Have faith !

You’re right. I think we’ll know where we are by the end of the month. Massive 2 weeks. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

The Athletic just dropped an article on Bournemouth's struggles. They are at 85% wages to turnover. Their two 13 million pound summer signings have played a total of 4 games this season due to injuries.  The poor transfers of Ibe and Solanke have been mentioned on here before but I had no idea Begovic cost 10 million.  So in summary they're in real trouble and probably don't have much to spend this window on improving their chances.  

Also, the Solanke transfer was mentioned as a panic buy with most people at the club not knowing the deal was done til it was announced on Twitter. That transfer happened during the winter window so it shows how a club can really screw themselves when a panic sets in. 

Eddie Howe makes MON look shrewd in his dealings. Liverpool have robbed them in years gone by that something dodgy is in the water. Signed a left back for 7 million from them and he was last at Seattle on loan

• Like 1