Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but still. Burnley and Bournemouth couldn't have done that.

Bournemouth have actually spent a very decent amount over last few years. Ake cost 30 odd million but he's done very well for them. Jordan Ibe and Dom Solanke at a combined 29m significantly less so....Jeff Lerma was 25m, not been too bad. Diego Rico 18m, o.k full back. That's 100m over last two seasons anyway.

Always seems to me that core they've had for donkey years of Steve Cook-Francis- Daniels-Gosling- Wilson-King digs in and grinds out good wins just when they're in real trouble.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ah the traditional Villa holiday collapse is getting started early this year then. Sigh. 

Last time we've played Soton on Dec I think when we've beaten them at their place 3-2. The 21% possession one. When the snake scored one of his best goals!

Not really sure if it was early December, but pretty sure was around that.

• Like 1

I think every one of our games over Christmas is a must win, if we don't get wins against the likes of Watford, Norwich and Southampton then I'm not sure where else we're going to get them from, as we've shown all season that we're not capable of beating any team that's remotely decent, in fact Newcastle are probably the best team we've managed to beat, Manchester Untited aside we're not even getting what you'd call good draws. Unfortunately it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we averaged less than a point a game over the next four games between now and January 1st.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I think every one of our games over Christmas is a must win, if we don't get wins against the likes of Watford, Norwich and Southampton then I'm not sure where else we're going to get them from, as we've shown all season that we're not capable of beating any team that's remotely decent, in fact Newcastle are probably the best team we've managed to beat, Manchester Untited aside we're not even getting what you'd call good draws. Unfortunately it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we averaged less than a point a game over the next four games between now and January 1st.

If we don't get wins against them Smith will be gone.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we don't get wins against them Smith will be gone.

So you think if we fail get 9 points out of our next 3 league games, Smith will be sacked or he’ll walk?  What nonsense and just not going to happen! 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm starting to get to the point of not minding Championship anymore.

This constant worry of relegation and losing every week is mentally draining for me. Hate this league.

Seriously??? I suggest you sit back and take stock of what other people may be going through right now to think if a football club's fortunes are a real life issue!!

• Like 1

If we continue to repeat what we have done thus far then nobody should expect results to change. It really is that simple. Our midfield set up is proving to be lightweight, and our front man is as close to ineffective as you will find. We hope he can improve but it won’t be soon enough for this season. January needs to bring us a replacement front man and a good, physical CM that can hold us together in and around the centre circle. Both positions not easy to fill at any time, let alone January. We have to do whatever is required to get 3 wins from the next 3 games, because that should give us a much better position in the table and improve our chances of better January recruitment. 

If it wasn't for the finances I'd honestly prefer us in the championship. Unfortunately money talks and we need to be in this league so the priority is staying up no matter what even if that means disposing of the manager (I think he will turn it around as the board will give him money in Jan.. I hope).

People keep going on about winning the next three must win games, the way we’re playing at the moment we won’t get a single point. Smith needs to pick his best 11 and stick with it, there isn’t any consistency, he doesn’t make simple changes in the game, yesterday El Ghazi was having so much possession down the right in the 1st half now if Smith swapped him and Jack when he’d seen this it would of been a different game, it would of confused the Sheffield United players, we are so predictable and must be so easy to play against. Hopefully we play a strong team in midweek and get some confidence back quickly or we will find ourselves bottom at Christmas. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It's got to the point where I think maybe it's best we get out the cups altogether but even then I'm not sure that will be enough, we look mentally shot.

We can keep playing the second string team in the cups

My worst fear is coming true.

People were so stuck up with this "tough fixture list" that they have ignored the core problem which plenty of people have mentioned.

Players lack spirit and fight. They are shot for confidence.

We need something to galvanize us. If it's a new striker or just someone hitting mad form.

Because if we're playing like we've done the last 3 games we won't get much out of the next 3 games.

Edited by villalad21