Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The win makes all the difference, you can hear the sadness in all the articles on Grealish breaking his losing run and Villa getting their first prem win in 3 years, they all wanted it to continue. Instead we can look at Spurs and Bournemouth as warm up games and look forward to Palace with some confidence throughout the team - honestly think we'll win that because we won this one. 

Oh I don’t know, I think perceptions have changed with our first two performances because Sky were absolutely bumming us last night.

Ive never heard Neville and Carragher wax lyrical about us, our support and stadium so much as last night, the pair of them were right going on about it, think Neville said he had goosebumps at one point.

Whether it’s genuine or scripted it’s nice to hear anyway.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh I don’t know, I think perceptions have changed with our first two performances because Sky were absolutely bumming us last night.

Ive never heard Neville and Carragher wax lyrical about us, our support and stadium so much as last night, the pair of them were right going on about it, think Neville said he had goosebumps at one point.

Love it. Have to say I've missed all that due to the Russian commentary on my particular source of football...

21 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Villa Park under the lights and rocking, really is a beautiful sight.  I also don’t think it’s arrogant to say that we are a real deal Premier League club and few of the 19 other clubs in this league can’t say the same.   The sound coming across last night was immense. 

Genuine question - which grounds/fans match us for noise and overall atmosphere, especially night games?  Can't think of many. 

Edited by ferguson1

Good to see tough games for a few below us - particularly Palace and Newcastle. This result should really see us stick a few places up by the end of the weekend. Palace will be under pressure when we play them. 

• Like 1

Really, really buzzing this season, only seeing positives in our play despite the two defeats. We have still got to find our rhythm as a new team, and we still have Nakamba and reinforcements will be inevitable in January.

I am like a child on Christmas Eve before every match, haven’t had this Villa buzz for years, even last season. I think the next 5 years will see this club really move forwards and find ourselves back in the mix at the top end of table.

• Like 2

A huge loss for Newcastle and Bournemouth tomorrow would be great, especially with Palace winning. 

Dingles and Burnley is a tricky one. Burnley win will be bad as they're a relegation contenders. We're not going to realistically compete with Wolves for relegation, although I think they might struggle a bit if they qualified in Europe. But it always great to see them below us. A draw might be a good result, yes they'll be above us by GD, while Burnley Above by just a point. 

A win against Palace would be huge, and long may Newcastle and Watford keep losing.

Although Wolves helped me at Fantasy last week, so I really don't know what I want. lol

Edited by abdulaziz1

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Burnley is the exact type of team Wolves usually struggle against.

Games where Wolves have to dictate games is what they don't want.

A 0-0 draw would perfect I guess. I'm not sure who they have next week but I assume if we beat Crystal Palace we could overtake the two of them.

You also would like them to struggle finding their first win. As the only three teams that haven't found a win yet are Wolves, Newcastle and Watford.

21 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Villa Park under the lights and rocking, really is a beautiful sight.  I also don’t think it’s arrogant to say that we are a real deal Premier League club and few of the 19 other clubs in this league can’t say the same.   The sound coming across last night was immense. 

Genuine question - which grounds/fans match us for noise and overall atmosphere, especially night games?  Can't think of many. 

Watching MOTD last night, I stand by this.  Not many can match us in this respect.