Pre match pubs

Rugeley Villa

41 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Where do we place the emphasis, on the D, the HUT or the WU, or maybe we all shout @rjw63

Don't shout me, I'll be at the brother-in-laws watching it on SkyScum, then having a good hot shower after we've won.

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Maybe if anyone has any polish friends, you could take one with you, so they could shout it out. 

Like Mr. Sheen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I will not be able to make The Green Man as I have tickets for Boxpark.

Good luck though. I left the Green Man really late for the Liverpool Semi.  Lookin around you could see almost no grass on the floor. It was about a foot deep in plastic glasses, a sea of plastic glasses and you crunched everywhere you walked. 

Not sue how though because the bar was a complete nightmare. 

On 22/05/2019 at 21:07, imavillan said:

Train to Euston for me and Mrs Imavillan, then a 25 min walk towards Baker Street.

Massive Wetherspoons called The Metropolitan Bar. 150 metres away is The Volunteer.

Baker Street tube station is 2 stops from Wembley.

Away from the madding crowd.

Should be busy enough for an atmosphere and quiet enough to get served.

Plenty of pubs in that area as you can see

Fellow VTr's say hello......i'll have a Villa shirt on 😀🍺👍

Can't be sure but I think that Wetherspoons was allocated as a Fulham pub last year. I know it's not very near the stadium, but my mate and I tried to get in early doors and were turned away.

For the FA cup semi I ended up in a really crappy social club just over the road from the entrance to the shopping centre near Wembley. 

Was great fun, a real dive and £4 a pint I think.

Then went to Tesco and camped on grassy area opposite with beer and crisps!. Wasn't quite the same for the final. 

Making me wish I'd gone down ticket less just for the craic! 

JJ Moons (Wetherspoons) £2 a pint of bitter 👍😀 

The Liquor Station next door to JJ Moons £7 a pint of lager = ripping the fans off

Even The Holiday Inn 'only' charged £5.50

19 minutes ago, imavillan said:

JJ Moons (Wetherspoons) £2 a pint of bitter 👍😀 

The Liquor Station next door to JJ Moons £7 a pint of lager = ripping the fans off

Even The Holiday Inn 'only' charged £5.50

Opposite Ruislip Manor tube?

was in there before and after the match, not too busy and as you say god prices.

Â