Pre match pubs

Rugeley Villa

Thought I’d open a thread for those of you on VT that will be drinking before the game in various pubs. Great chance for some of you to meet fellow VTers, and have a good drink before the game. I notice on other teams forums it’s common for fans of that forum to start a thread so posters can meet up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Train to Euston for me and Mrs Imavillan, then a 25 min walk towards Baker Street.

Massive Wetherspoons called The Metropolitan Bar. 150 metres away is The Volunteer.

Baker Street tube station is 2 stops from Wembley.

Away from the madding crowd.

Should be busy enough for an atmosphere and quiet enough to get served.

Plenty of pubs in that area as you can see

Fellow VTr's say hello......i'll have a Villa shirt on 😀🍺👍

Edited by imavillan
google map added
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Train to Euston for me and Mrs Imavillan, then a 25 min walk towards Baker Street.

Massive Wetherspoons called The Metropolitan Bar. 150 metres away is The Volunteer.

Baker Street tube station is 2 stops from Wembley.

Away from the madding crowd.

Should be busy enough for an atmosphere and quiet enough to get served.

Fellow VTr's say hello......i'll have a Villa shirt on 😀🍺👍

I thought you were going with me!! ;)

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

now you are giving me mixed messages....on/off/on/off

make your mind up !!!

🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like you’re taking your missus so you’ve lost your chance now! 

Nah good to hear you sorted tickets out mate. I’ll be heading in on the tube from from the opposite direction. Should be nice and quiet.

• Like 1

After a couple of times of drinking centrally, then heading to The Green Man, last year I drank in Kilburn. Originally heading towards The Black Lion but ended up going in and stopping in The North London Tavern. 

Will probably do similar this year. Decent atmosphere albeit a lot more chilled than The Green Man, and easy to get served. There will probably be a few Derby fans around further afield than the designated pubs compared with Fulham last year, which should increase atmosphere.

I've booked Boxpark tickets. It looks like the kind of place I will completely detest but the people I am going down with fancied it. 

Look forward to drinking some kind of pretentious "craft" beer from a plastic glass for £10 a pop after an hour wait at the bar instead of the reasonably priced real ale I was drinking last year in a lovely beer garden having queued for 5 minutes at the most. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it me or are fans starting loads of different threads about pubs when really they are all the same? 

Anything to make the day come quicker hey?! 

I’ve basically started this thread for a meet up for people. Don’t panic I won’t be there, but it would be good for a VT meet up. 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've booked Boxpark tickets. It looks like the kind of place I will completely detest but the people I am going down with fancied it. 

Look forward to drinking some kind of pretentious "craft" beer from a plastic glass for £10 a pop after an hour wait at the bar instead of the reasonably priced real ale I was drinking last year in a lovely beer garden having queued for 5 minutes at the most. 

I was in Boxpark a couple of weeks back it's a big open warehouse with a bar in the middle and bench seats.  All around the side are independent food units and a big screen at one end.  There was a kind of dance floor with a bar in one of the units.  There is a mezzanine upstairs too but did not go up there!  Coors was the lager.  and the pizza unit by the big screen was nice.  £5 a beer £10 for the pizza!  Toilets were small!

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know mate I was just messing about. It’s a good idea. 

I did wonder though whether it would all get merged into one thread 😀

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lainux said:

Is there any neatural pubs around the stadium, planning on meeting with some Derby friends before the match!

Around the stadium, i doubt it, as most if not all have been designated for either club based upon location. 

If you want to meet for a pint or two you would be better off in central London where there will probably be a mix.

Failing that, its get some cans and find a spot together.

btw, if you do go for getting some cans, be aware that in the close proximity to the stadium they will only sell you 2 cans per person and you will pay ott for them.

better off getting a few further away where they will sell you more and they will be cheaper

Edited by imavillan

8 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Around the stadium, i doubt it, as most if not all have been designated for either club based upon location. 

If you want to meet for a pint or two you would be better off in central London where there will probably be a mix.

Failing that, its get some cans and find a spot together.

btw, if you do go for getting some cans, be aware that in the close proximity to the stadium they will only sell you 2 cans per person and you will pay ott for them.

better off getting a few further away where they will sell you more and they will be cheaper

Derby mates are at club wembley, so not likely to be in colours, just have to force them in Villa pubs!😜

16 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Everyone should have a sticker with their username on it so they can be identifed easily!😉

I'll wear a "word removed" name badge and see if I can spot the VTers :P 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Everyone should have a sticker with their username on it so they can be identifed easily!😉

Nah, printed shirt with a picture of your avatar on. I'll be looking cuuute~

• Like 1

Â