Selling Villa Park?

MikeMcKenna

On 17/05/2019 at 10:28, MaVilla said:

The problem is they didn't sell it to themselves they sold it to their owner who could keep it and lease it to them if he ever left, the owner now owns a prized asset that will go up in value over time and derby basically own nothing but their training ground.

Basically derby don't own that asset anymore.

If it helps, I believe our owner owns 4 separate businesses with Derby county as the focus of attention firstly there is the ground which which has been sold off to himself (with planning permission for hotels etc) another business is the training and academy centre at moor farm another business is the internal concessions of the stadium ( conferences, food drink etc) and the other business is the range of bars coffee shops and restaurants around the ground. Ultimately he is an actual Derby fan and we are very lucky to have fund us.

1 hour ago, Visiting Ram said:

If it helps, I believe our owner owns 4 separate businesses with Derby county as the focus of attention firstly there is the ground which which has been sold off to himself (with planning permission for hotels etc) another business is the training and academy centre at moor farm another business is the internal concessions of the stadium ( conferences, food drink etc) and the other business is the range of bars coffee shops and restaurants around the ground. Ultimately he is an actual Derby fan and we are very lucky to have fund us.

Even if he wanted to sell the club who would want to buy it without the ground included in the sale?

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if he wanted to sell the club who would want to buy it without the ground included in the sale?

It doesn’t mean it can’t be sold back at some point.

On 21/05/2019 at 11:40, TheStagMan said:

Along comes "Dr" Charlaton, who was instantly liked (by many) because he wasn't Learner. 

To be fair a lot of people were highly suspicious of him and I would say the vast majority of people were cautiously optimistic but more in hope than anything.

His wealth was always in question and people got more and more suspicious as his companies seemed all shell with odd web sites. 

Incidents like the claim to have been involved in the Birdsnest stadium which were subsequently rescinded fueled the fire too. 

I don't think people welcomed him with open arms just because he wasn't Lerner.   

I have stated on this thread that I am dead set against hiving off the stadium but I do trust the new owners more than Xia and Lerner. 

They are proper business men and with sporting backgrounds.  Lerner was never anything more than a filthy rich kid spending the money his father had made until he realised even being filthy rich he was pissing too much of it away, he was just clueless.  His dad was the brains, he was just a walking inheritance. 

Do we think this is still on the agenda, or has promotion meant we no longer need to do this?

I was looking for the thread "Redevelopment of Villa Park" but seems to have disappeared?

Think it would be a good time to think about getting the north stand done to increase capacity, 7/10 of the last home games were sold out in the championship apparently (from a Deano interview).

28 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Do we think this is still on the agenda, or has promotion meant we no longer need to do this?

I was looking for the thread "Redevelopment of Villa Park" but seems to have disappeared?

Think it would be a good time to think about getting the north stand done to increase capacity, 7/10 of the last home games were sold out in the championship apparently (from a Deano interview).

It might be a way for them to stuff another few millions into the kitty.  If we have say £50-£60m to spend from the TV money, sponsorship, potential league positioning etc we may be able to add another £30-£40m in the pot from this kind of sham.

We still need to spend a lot more because of the number of loan players, we will have to spend a heck of a lot just to stand still.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

That's not a question. I searched for "redevelopment" in this forum and it was the third result.

However it's probably hugely out of date so I locked it. Feel free to start another.

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's not a question. I searched for "redevelopment" in this forum and it was the third result.

However it's probably hugely out of date so I locked it. Feel free to start another.

Nope , I tried that also, and just again still doesn't show

I just wanted to look at some of the photos that were posted in there really rather than bring the thread back to life

Just now, Junxs said:

Nope , I tried that also, and just again still doesn't show

I just wanted to look at some of the photos that were posted in there really rather than bring the thread back to life

Â