Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm going to be on a **** aeroplane all day.

**** me, it's going to be agony.

I'm hoping for no extra time. I'll be in Birmingham until 5pm, then I'm heading to Wembley to bring a load of elated/gutted Villa fans home. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Who are you flying with and where will you be en-route when the game is taking place?

Some airlines have live TV for at least part of the journey. A lot also have internet so at least you can follow the VT match thread - it's always positive in there ;)

I'm flying with Thomas Cook and will be around Greenland at kick off. Get to JFK about 6 UK for a couple for hours then on to Raleigh / Durham.

So, the two teams being lowest ranked ending up in the final. That sounds like a not too common occurrence . Not that I bother enough to check!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

No we did not. Dangerous mindset that.

sesame street idk GIF

We still need to do it, but we've gone from 30% to 80%. Today was seismic. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

sesame street idk GIF

Nothing changes from our end though. Just because it's derby doesn't mean we can half arse it and get away with it. It will be tough. We need to be on it from minute 1.

I like the fact that McGinn has played in two finals oop north in Scotland and emerged as a winner in both of them. Grealish  plays his best in the biggest stage as well. We just need a few others to play to their ability and not make any stupid mistakes. We can do this.

40 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nothing changes from our end though. Just because it's derby doesn't mean we can half arse it and get away with it. It will be tough. We need to be on it from minute 1.

I don't disagree. But my confidence changes nothing. Just because I think it's in the bag doesn't mean they'll half arse it. I'm confident we're up. They need to do it. 

This is what I love about being a sports fan. It's everything leading up to the big game itself. It's a total rush, like a drug. That was a great game btw, some very well taken goals. Derby will be up for this, lets hope Dean has the team properly prepared. If we win this game we should insist on getting PREPARED sewn back on the badge.

UTV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

sesame street idk GIF

While Derby are certainly a less difficult tie than Leeds on paper, do you really think the difference is that drastic? I would've put it more at 40% up to 60%.

• Like 4

Anyone know much about the 'other' derby players? Bob their best players are mount etc? I presume Bradley Johnson is their holding mid? Don't know much about their back 5, other than the left back is out. How are they likely to line up?

Also noticed no Carson in goal. Is he injured?

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone know much about the 'other' derby players? Bob their best players are mount etc? I presume Bradley Johnson is their holding mid? Don't know much about their back 5, other than the left back is out. How are they likely to line up?

Also noticed no Carson in goal. Is he injured?

Their key players are Mount, Wilson, Marriot, Lawrence for me. They are suspect at the back and Tammy has had the better of Tomori this season. Cole will come in and he had a torrid time against Elmo and Adomah 

• Like 1

pleased its Derby despite them being on an ultimate high now and proving what happens in the league counts for nothing in these playoffs. We need to step it up after our semi, complacency will be our biggest enemy, but knowing Dean Smith and his attention to detail, I think the team will be watching plenty of videos and going through every drill to make sure we're bang at it on the 27th.

Best possible outcome for us no doubt about it. The scenes will be a sight to behold if we do it. And unlike last year I will be lumping on 500 squid for Derby to be promoted, thats a fair price to pay to see my true love promoted.