Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Yes, @hippo absolutely no offence and top marks for eagerness, but 'Pre match big one' is going to see us lose - it's full of innuendo let alone breaking with recent superstitious behaviour when it comes to naming these threads. Do the honourable thing and withdraw your big one. 

Where's that Kenneth Williams meme?? 😉happy kenneth williams GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If it's Derby, I'm 80% confident. 

If it's Leeds 30%. 

We need to perform on the day. I can only hope that now they've got through this double header, some of the lads will find it easier to cope with the nerves playing on a winner takes all single match, rather than worrying about a 2nd leg. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If it's Derby, I'm 80% confident. 

If it's Leeds 30%. 

We need to perform on the day. I can only hope that now they've got through this double header, some of the lads will find it easier to cope with the nerves playing on a winner takes all single match, rather than worrying about a 2nd leg. 

I also think Wemberlee will suit them more than the impressively intimidating atmosphere that was inside the Hawthorns last night.  It just seemed to be quite a claustrophobic pitch too.  With a young team, that can make a difference.  Yes there's the chance Wembley could intimidate them too, but I think having too much space is easier to cope with than not having enough - plus they'll have grown from last night.  Basically, just 'turn up' in the footballing sense on the day and you've got a good chance.

Hi everyone

I’ve not had internet for a week and I know you’ve all been asking “what does Spoony think about all this? He’s been awfully quiet.”

Well here it is: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIEJBDJSNSHDKSLSJXHBDNADBFBENDNDBFBSBF

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Play like we have since the derby game, it’s ours for the taking. Can not underestimate them and we have to be far, far more clinical than we were against West Brom. 

How big a player is Malone for them as he is missing the final surely?

Just now, cyrusr said:

Play like we have since the derby game, it’s ours for the taking. Can not underestimate them and we have to be far, far more clinical than we were against West Brom. 

Need to keep it tighter, neither Leeds nor Derby defended well, there will be gaps to expose. 

A lot more relaxed about playing Derby. And not just in an over confident way, although of course it’s encouraging that we’ve beat them twice already and 7-0 on aggregate. I hope we don’t get complacent because it won’t be that easy for sure.

It’s that we don’t have to face losing to those dirty Leeds scum bags. They got what they deserved tonight, just hope Bielsa leaves now and they plummet out of the football league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Listen to it on radio and sounds like Keogh could be in a bit of bother for his celebration in front of Leeds fans 

• Thanks 1

I'm worried about Jack Marriott, he can be really dangerous, he went on loan from League One Ipswich to my home town team, National League Woking, three times from 2013 to 2015 and of course he scored in virtually every game as he was ridiculously out of place in the fifth tier. But then he went on to score a lot of goals for Luton and Peterborough in League One.