Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

4 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

I can’t argue with that statistic but this game maybe different based on the season I have witnessed ————- we generally let a goal in against anyone but I must say we have come back to win impressively at lots of places like Man United Southampton Norwich Leeds as well as several others, my main point being that I wouldn’t expect our lot to give up or stop believing at any point. - there could be several goals in this one 

That’s true, and I’d say the same about us if we went a goal down. But this is a completely different game, and won’t be played like a regular league fixture. Which is why many of us aren’t taking our last two results against you for granted. These games are usually a lot more cagey than we’d like them to be, with so much on the line I think you’ll see both teams taking less risks than they usually would.

10 hours ago, TomIsADeftone said:

Any body else not slept properly all week? Monday cannot come soon enough. 

Yep not slept well at all, ticket did not arrive so have the faff of getting it at wembley ticket office tomorrow and praying we can do it in 90 minutes as my heathrow flight leaves tomorrow at 7.45pm...

I had another football dream. A brilliant right winger beat three defenders and put the ball on a plate for the striker to smash an absolute beauty past the keeper. Neither team looked like Villa or Derby, mind. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If only the match was being played today (you do all know what today is, don't you?)

IMG_20190526_095815.jpg

I do know what today is, and if anyone doesn’t then we’re todays featured article on Wikipedia:

Wikipedia Front Page (this will only work on 26th)

The history of Aston Villa Football Club since 1961 includes a European Cup victory in 1982 and a loss in the 2018 English Football League Championship play-off Final. After a change of ownership and management for the club and successive relegations, they returned in the 1971–72 season to the Second Divisionas champions with a record 70 points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevomanila said:

Yep not slept well at all, ticket did not arrive so have the faff of getting it at wembley ticket office tomorrow and praying we can do it in 90 minutes as my heathrow flight leaves tomorrow at 7.45pm...

Mine went to my old address so I rang them and they sent me a ticket via e mail. Might be worth a try?

On train to Euston from Tamworth and it’s rammed....standing room only....

Villa, Derby, Sunderland and day trippers

The footy fans stand out a mile...

they're got a can or bottle of beer 🍻😂😂😂 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I had a dream we won 3-1 last night.

I'm not sure it's any use as an indicator, their goal was scored by a man dressed as a penguin.

Hold on - Derby play in black and white. 

28 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I don't remember my dreams, but I woke up with a massive boner. Good sign right?

Are we thinking the only questions for the team are who plays DM and who plays RW?

For me i’d have Whelan DM and play houirhane with McGinn, El Ghazi and Grealish behind Abraham.

Green and Adomah do not deserve a place. 

Edited by nnock1984

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sod it, I'm sticking my neck on the line. 3-1 Villa. Hourihane and Green to start, both to score. 

Next to no chance Green is starting after his Hawthorns horror show but like the positivity DDID.

I think we'll win. Won't be 3 or 4 nil or anything like that as Derby will put a miles stronger team out than they did at VP. They also have the very recent confidence of going to Elland Road and scoring 4.

We need our big players to turn up. If they do we should all be over the central midfield of Bradley Johnson and maybe Huddlestone who aren't great movers it's fair to say.

Problem with us in Wembley finals is we get so nervous about the opposition we totally forget to think of ways of imposing ourselves on them. Think back to last year and us trying to grind out a win v Fulham exactly how we did v Boro. A very naive tactic even for Steve Bruce.

Would start Hourihane and Kodjia. If it goes wrong it goes wrong but to me it has more chance of going right than the usuals starting.

2-1 Villa.

• Like 1

Momentum seems to be the main criteria for predictions, Both teams have a fair bit of that, but Derby's demolition of Leeds in their last game, does seem to have influenced many fans and rightfully so.

However, Their previous game against Leeds was not nearly as comprehensive, so which one should folk base their predictions on? after all Wigan beat Leeds ,Ipswich beat Leeds and Blues did too....so they too were inconsistent.

We beat Wolves 4-1 and then 3 days later capitulated to QPR.....It really is hard to tell, what team turns up.

as someone said to me.....Derby are not suited to our style, but we are to theirs....something else to ponder....We all know Albion ( Derby Game) and Leeds are not our ideal opponents with their destructive qualities and negating styles.

Wembley too can throw up all sorts of reactions, where the occasion can get to some players.....we look froze last year in the first half, maybe the occasion and the responsibility got to us.

I think the 10 game winning run (and the last 2 being unusual circumstances) must be a massive confidence booster, to go in to this game,( The Albion game showed massive character) if we play like we know we can, it should see us through.

PS we have some good defenders, but not necessarily a good defensive team, it would unwise to rely on that, we need to out score them.

Edited by TRO

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

Momentum seems to be the main criteria for predictions, Both teams have a fair bit of that, but Derby's demolition of Leeds in their last game, does seem to have influenced many fans and rightfully so.

However, Their previous game against Leeds was not nearly as comprehensive, so which one should folk base their predictions on? after all Wigan beat Leeds ,Ipswich beat Leeds and Blues did too....so they too were inconsistent.

We beat Wolves 4-1 and then 3 days later capitulated to QPR.....It really is hard to tell, what team turns up.

as someone said to me.....Derby are not suited to our style, but we are to theirs....something else to ponder....We all know Albion ( Derby Game) and Leeds are not our ideal opponents with their destructive qualities and negating styles.

Wembley too can throw up all sorts of reactions, where the occasion can get to some players.....we look froze last year in the first half, maybe the occasion and the responsibility got to us.

I think the 10 game winning run (and the last 2 being unusual circumstances) must be a massive confidence booster, to go in to this game,( The Albion game showed massive character) if we play like we know we can, it should see us through.

PS we have some good defenders, but not necessarily a good defensive team, it would unwise to rely on that, we need to out score them.

Just another thing too and it's obviously completely biased but you look at guys like mount who is being continually touted as the next Lampard. Wilson - who'll play at a higher level. If they lose, will it hurt them ?. I mean they are probably done as derby players tomorrow evening regardless . Now yes, could also apply the same to us but Mings for instance looks totally invested in Villa.