Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The barcodes have signed Jethro Willems too, he looks like he’s been enjoying the kebabs.

He has improved a bit since but at Euro 2012 he was like a kid plucked from the crowd. Always be my memory of him

7 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Maguire and Bissaka cost about the same as the entire team we just bought.

Yeah but we are bad apparently and no word about United transfers. Quite laughable really

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has improved a bit since but at Euro 2012 he was like a kid plucked from the crowd. Always be my memory of him

Had to do a double take when I saw he was only 25, been around for ages and as you say Zat played at euro 2012.

Apparently Wolves are negotiating with IFK Göteborg for Alhassan "Hasse" Yusuf.

Mentioned him a couple of times in our thread, would really p**s me off if they signed him.

Think he will become a real player if he ends up at the right club.

Edited by sne

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yeah but we are bad apparently and no word about United transfers. Quite laughable really

Did see one of the journos say its not that they've overpaid for him that's the problem it's that he's been £80m since the start of the summer and they've waited until now to pay it

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Did see one of the journos say its not that they've overpaid for him that's the problem it's that he's been £80m since the start of the summer and they've waited until now to pay it

Is that the journalist's idea of an excuse?

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Brighton have signed Webster for £20m.

Transfer yet to happen (not the Webster one), but French journalists reporting that a kiddie at Monaco has asked to join us and will be in Bristol for a medical in the next 48 hours, cost of player 8m Euros + 20% sell on.

Hadn't heard of Massengo until last night personally, but their fans on their forum aren't happy and none of them are questioning the validity of the place that first reported it.

That their fans aren't happy is a positive sign for me, but Bristol City breaking their transfer record on someone so young and with something like 6 senior appearances is more than a little surprising. Hope it is true regardless.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 00:15, sne said:

Apparently Wolves are negotiating with IFK Göteborg for Alhassan "Hasse" Yusuf.

Mentioned him a couple of times in our thread, would really p**s me off if they signed him.

Think he will become a real player if he ends up at the right club.

Although I don’t think Wolves our aim this season (apart from them being in Europe could benefit us), I think we need to potentially catch up. Which I think we’ll start working on soon. Once we start spending 90-100m on 3-4 players.

But we really need to beat them. 

On 02/08/2019 at 22:48, Sulberto21 said:

The barcodes have signed Jethro Willems too, he looks like he’s been enjoying the kebabs.

They seem to be spending which I thought Ashley would do (especially for an unwanted manager by fans lol).

But if anyone could give us an opinion about their activity? I think they’re not as worse as we thought they’d be. 

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Although I don’t think Wolves our aim this season (apart from them being in Europe could benefit us), I think we need to potentially catch up. Which I think we’ll start working on soon. Once we start spending 90-100m on 3-4 players.

But we really need to beat them. 

They have a 2 year head start on us and are in a very good position.

They did their rebuild in the Championship and is a settled team.

We just have to wing it and hope it works.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:
On 03/08/2019 at 06:09, villa4europe said:

Is that the journalist's idea of an excuse?

I think they tried to get them too pay 40-50 M and Leicester were not too be bullied.  I think they desperately didn't want to pay 80M also,  he's never worth that and they look desperate.  The week's delay might cost them points down the road hopefully in terms of defensive setup etc.  They still think they are top dog's deep down but they are not that anymore.  Far from it.  They look like chumps paying that,  look what we got for 80M.  He only needs an Achilles or something and we will see what we see.  Dont forget the bloke playing in front of him doesn't even want too be there.  words removed. 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

They have a 2 year head start on us and are in a very good position.

They did their rebuild in the Championship and is a settled team.

We just have to wing it and hope it works.

Fingers crossed.

Exactly, that’s why I’m not bothered a lot with what they do. If we’re potentially looking at top 10 then we would need to catch them anyway. 

I’m more worried about the likes of Newcastle at the moment.

Although mentally if we could compete with Wolves (having advantage of their Europe adventure), and beating them in a game or two. That would benefit us mentally.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think they tried to get them too pay 40-50 M and Leicester were not too be bullied.  I think they desperately didn't want to pay 80M also,  he's never worth that and they look desperate.  The week's delay might cost them points down the road hopefully in terms of defensive setup etc.  They still think they are top dog's deep down but they are not that anymore.  Far from it.  They look like chumps paying that,  look what we got for 80M.  He only needs an Achilles or something and we will see what we see.  Dont forget the bloke playing in front of him doesn't even want too be there.  words removed. 

That's the point the journo was making, they haven't lost a week, they've lost 2 months chasing him with seemingly no plan B or signs of betting scouting or even using the media and mates to bully leicester

Its not the £80m that's the indication of where utd are at its the time element of it 

• Like 1

Â