Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

14 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Same way that Villa held all the cards but paid through the nose for Mings.

Not even remotely comparable. What cards did we hold with Mings, that he wanted to play for us? They knew we were very short on defenders, that he was our best defender last year, very influential behind the scenes in terms of team spirit and a fan favourite. 

Billing had been bombed out and told that he'll never play for Huddlesfield again. Apples and oranges. 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Juve driving a dybala for lukaku exchange is one of the maddest  transfers I can remember 

I think Juve are getting best deal out of this. Think Dybala will flop at United . Juve have been trying to get rid of him all summer

Think he's a player that requires a bit of thought to position and role but lukaku is a mid table striker punching above his weight 

Juve will be easy for him though so no doubt so more good stats to disguise his 1st touch 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Juve are getting best deal out of this. Think Dybala will flop at United . Juve have been trying to get rid of him all summer

I think so too which seems to be the strange opinion according to a lot of people. Lukaku is prone to bad misses, but he is still a good striker, and I think he will suit the Italian league well. 

Dybala is basically a goal scoring #10, so United need to have a proper #9 to make this work which I am not sure Rashford is or ready to take on that huge responsibility on his own yet. 

• Like 1

Man Utd's transfer policy is just strange. Seems to be no common thread between targets. I know Mourinho said he was frustrated by the way they handled transfers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I think so too which seems to be the strange opinion according to a lot of people. Lukaku is prone to bad misses, but he is still a good striker, and I think he will suit the Italian league well. 

Dybala is basically a goal scoring #10, so United need to have a proper #9 to make this work which I am not sure Rashford is or ready to take on that huge responsibility on his own yet. 

Actually my thinking, in a bizarre way Dybala off Lukaku might have worked. His best at Juventus seemed to be off Higuain or Mandzukic

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Man Utd's transfer policy is just strange. Seems to be no common thread between targets. I know Mourinho said he was frustrated by the way they handled transfers. 

Its the West Ham policy of signing big names with no plan to fit them in. United just sign them in their prime

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not really sure what Juve are doing tbh...their other three strikers are Ronaldo (obviously no problem), Mandzukic who declined a fair bit last year and Higuain although Sarri always has a hard on for him seemingly.

When you think of the success Sarri had playing Mertens as a false 9 and also him continually playing Hazard in false 9 position it feels odd to me he's just bombing Dybala out without even trying him as spearhead. Of course he has to bow down to Ronaldo like everyone else but it's not like he's going to play every single Serie A or CL game. Selling Kean is also odd although guess it's just a glorified loan for a year or two and Juve will buy him back eventually.

Lukaku dosen't strike me as Sarri type forward either, he'll score in Serie A but really can't see him making a difference in CL knock outs.

On 30/07/2019 at 19:59, Czechlad said:

Crazy money for Webster

I don’t know how good he is.

But I can only presume those who were critical of us buying Mings for an initial £20m (a player we know suits our style, is committed to the cause, already a natural leader in the dressing room, has top flight experience....), will be equally, if not more critical of Brighton signing Adam Webster for a reported £22m.

Don’t think it’s a great move for Slabhead tbh. 

Utd look in a mess to me, I fancy Ole to be the first manager gone - I can’t see him lasting past Christmas. 

Edited by wazzap24

for his value for money Utd are the only team that would ever touch him, as good as his career will get, cant blame him for moving, he's also not made a great deal of noise about it

him costing more than de ligt is mental (I know de ligt came with a load of trouble thanks to his agent)

Genuinely dont think Maguire is that much better than Mings. I like him, think he is a good player but he is limited. Poor at times for Leicester last season 

Sure I said it before but is he as good as Collins/Dunne in their prime yet United wouldn't touch them

Edited by Zatman

Â