Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

Pretty shocked Bournemouth paid £15M for Billing especially after he was frozen out of the Huddersfield squad and told he’d play no further part, surely Bournemouth would have held all the cards in that negotiation.

Then again they paid £20M for Dominic ‘1 premier league goal’ Solanke 🤣

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Pretty shocked Bournemouth paid £15M for Billing especially after he was frozen out of the Huddersfield squad and told he’d play no further part, surely Bournemouth would have held all the cards in that negotiation.

Howe has been shocking in the transfer market.

8 hours ago, penguin said:

Same way that Villa held all the cards but paid through the nose for Mings.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49149867

Gueye gone back to France. Shame he came to us at a terrible time in our history, I feel if he'd come to us when we had the likes of Barry and Petrov in midfield (or even now with Grealish and McGinn) he'd have gone on to be an absolute baller for us. MON would never have signed a player from continental Europe though. 

Personally think as a DM he's only behind Kante, Busquets, Casemiro and Fernandinho, very underrated.

Wish him all the best with PSG.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49149867

Gueye gone back to France. Shame he came to us at a terrible time in our history, I feel if he'd come to us when we had the likes of Barry and Petrov in midfield (or even now with Grealish and McGinn) he'd have gone on to be an absolute baller for us. MON would never have signed a player from continental Europe though. 

Personally think as a DM he's only behind Kante, Busquets, Casemiro and Fernandinho, very underrated.

Wish him all the best with PSG.

I hope he does well, but PSG has a history of missing the trick with defensive midfielders. When they signed Krychowiak 3 years ago, he was possibly one of the top rated DMs in Europe and was the Sevilla superstar having just won the Europa League with them twice. 

In one of his interviews, he talked about how PSG is a very specific club where they have a specific way of playing. I guess Gana is different to Krychowiak as he is much more lively and agile, but who knows, it might be another DM flop for PSG.

• Like 1

Everton sign Moise Kean from Juve for about the same money as they sold Gueye to PSG in. I think they got the snake in for £8m too. Seems like smart business to me. 

• Like 3

if they sell kean and Dybala and bring in lukaku then they've gone mad

exciting signing for everton and a player that as a neutral id be happy to watch in the PL to see what the fuss is about, not many players I say that about any more

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Weird one from Juve, their management seemed to rate him very highly, apparently not.

There are huge tax incentives for buying overseas players in Italy right now so it's a good year to freshen up the squad.

Seems odd to sell Kean at that age and potential though.

Edit: https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/05/28/5cec325722601db20d8b45a2.html

" Italy will decrease tax rates for foreign players from 47 percent to 30 percent in the north and from 44 percent to 15 percent in the south."

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Weird one from Juve, their management seemed to rate him very highly, apparently not.

Club treated him a bit shabbily after the racism scandal and some put blame in him. Maybe he wanted out 

• Like 2

19 years old and already played and scored twice for Italy, scored 7 in 17 for Juve in all competitions last season - on paper looks like very good business by Everton, who still haven't replaced Lukaku. Still very young and raw though, and he'll be under pressure to score regularly at Everton unlike at Juve where if he scored it was a bonus more than anything considering the array of attacking talent they already have. 

Everton will want to hope he doesn't end up like Iheanacho at Leicester. 

Errr... there's a buyback clause and Juve are in win now mode and don't really have time to develop players. If Kean is legit and not a flash in the pan, then Juve will bring him back post Ronaldo or make bank when he gets sold on, else they've made bank now.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Club treated him a bit shabbily after the racism scandal and some put blame in him. Maybe he wanted out 

Bit is an understatement.  When your own captain is trying to apportion blame back on you, well....  I'm amazed he had the resolve to be able to kick a ball for them again after that.  The feckin' bastards. 

Hope it works out for him, he looks the business.

12 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Bit is an understatement.  When your own captain is trying to apportion blame back on you, well....  I'm amazed he had the resolve to be able to kick a ball for them again after that.  The feckin' bastards. 

Hope it works out for him, he looks the business.

I completely forgot about all that.

Good on him getting out of there.

Would like to see Dybala in premier league....his output really suffered last season inevitably having to play supporting cast to Ronaldo and seemingly dosen't fit into Sarriball. Think being main player in attack at Man. United would be good move for him at this stage of his career. When he was finally given a chance for Argentina in Copa America in Messi absence he was fantastic in the 3rd place game v Chile.

That's a rare good deal by Man. United if they swop him for Lukaku. He actually has a first touch for a start.

Â