Match Thread: PO West Brom v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

We've not produced a clear chance but we're easily the better side. We need to stick to our guns and just get the final ball right a couple of times int eh second half.

We have the more skillful players, but they are getting the game where they want it to by bypassing the midfield and keeping it simple.

We've been totally harmless and produced nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

We've not produced a clear chance but we're easily the better side. We need to stick to our guns and just get the final ball right a couple of times int eh second half.

but we haven't done that much in recent times. Its been typical Kjodia in recent weeks - goals out of nothing.

Anyone noticed Tammy clutching his shoulder now and again ?

We've had calls against us, but it was always going to happen after all the whining about us and Grealish the last few weeks. We just gotta do better. We haven't created anything. 

Keep the ball on the pitch and create some chances ON goal, then we can complain. 

• Like 1

We have been the better side but look vulnerable from set pieces, it's what I feared hence the Jedinak suggestion. 

Our major problem all season is in wide areas and tonight is the same, so much lack of quality. 

Our season depends on this 45 minutes, we are better footballers that is so clear for everyone to see, but we need to battle for our lives now 

• Like 1

The big players have not showed up in either leg. Mings, McGinn, Grealish, Tammy all really quiet or borderline bad. And the WBA manager has played both games really well, he's set up his teams brilliantly. In fact it's going the same way as the first leg, loads of possession in harmless areas and then always susceptible to a mistake or a ball in to the box. I don't think WBA will make these same mistakes as Saturday and will go through. Not good enough.

• Like 1

Disappointing, given our possession, but we also haven't really looked a genuine threat yet either. I hate how predictable it is that Neil Taylor is guaranteed 100% to lose the ball, or give it away in an attacking position. We can and still should win this, but we need to show a lot more in the second half. Mings casual and weird again.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

but we haven't done that much in recent times. Its been typical Kjodia in recent weeks - goals out of nothing.

Anyone noticed Tammy clutching his shoulder now and again ?

Assist from Grealish to Hourihane on Saturday?!?!

Seriously, we've got in some really nice positions 4 or 5 times, the cutback from Taylor across the box to no-one after some beautiful football being the best example. We've got 45 mins to get it right. I'm on the whiskey now but I don't think it's beyond us by any means.

Smith can change games at half time and he really needs to now. We've been bullied and they've shown a lot more desire than us - we need to stand our ground more and match them for fight. We can't just cry about being fouled.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Have faith.  This has got important supersub Albert goal written all over it.

Should have started - he isn't much better than green - but if he gets a chance he will take it - Green youthful legs should have been saved until the 70th minute.