• Abraham
    • Hourihane (Whelan 66)
    • Green (Adomah 66)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Also as a bonus, think of all the poor upset knuckledraggers who were supporting their "best mates"...

tenor.gif?itemid=4145161

I have one of those knuckledragging SHA supporting words removed on my Facebook friends list. Their status during the game was literally..

"Come on The Baggies!!! 💛💚 Boing Boing Back to The Premier League ⚽🔥"

It's embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Daweii said:

I have one of those knuckledragging SHA supporting words removed on my Facebook friends list. Their status during the game was literally..

"Come on The Baggies!!! 💛💚 Boing Boing Back to The Premier League ⚽🔥"

It's embarrassing.

It's easy to unfriend/block arseholes on FB ;)

• Haha 1

Not great today, looked a bit mentally tired to me.

Mcginn especially.

One if the many qualities Smith has instilled into this group is character. Showed it in abundance to take over the game in the last quarter. Terrific.

Another great quality is the system he has built, which meant the subs could come on and kick start things rather than struggle to impact.

First and last time I ask for a DM at VP !

A victory for Smith imo.

• Like 1

Said Hourihane should start and that game kinda shows why he should have. Whelan has done well of late and we all make mistakes, but it was a howler for their goal. I'd expect to see Conor start over him on Tuesday. Green in for Adomah too, he showed far more when he came on.

Hopefully we can do what we need to and get to Wembley. 

UTV

• Like 3

I’ve given Smith an average today because it was blatantly obvious Hourihane had to come on half time. Was suprised it took so long.

We weren’t at our best today but that Albion performance would have made Pulis proud. I think we can beat them on Tuesday. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

A victory for Smith imo.

Agreed, thought he needed to do something to influence the game and he did. Looks simple enough but I bet there's a bloody good footballing mind behind the subs. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Not great today, looked a bit mentally tired to me.

Mcginn especially.

One if the many qualities Smith has instilled into this group is character. Showed it in abundance to take over the game in the last quarter. Terrific.

Another great quality is the system he has built, which meant the subs could come on and kick start things rather than struggle to impact.

First and last time I ask for a DM at VP !

A victory for Smith imo.

I love smith but I think he could have acted sooner with the changes. 

Edit: it didn’t need another 20 minutes to know it wasnt working.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve given Smith an average today because it was blatantly obvious Hourihane had to come on half time. Was suprised it took so long.

We weren’t at our best today but that Albion performance would have made Pulis proud. I think we can beat them on Tuesday. 

I think it was always the plan to start Hourihane for the second leg.

Oddly, adomah second half in 10 minutes did more than he had all game, he took the ball to them and crossed it, won 3 or 4 corners and was what he should be.

I did however say I would swap connor for adomah at half time as would rather see balls crossed in from the left and el ghazi on the right.

Whelan, I feel for him today, he has been renaissance man for the last 15 games and that error rocked his game today.

Connor going on moved McGinn and grealish further forwards, the passing was faster and we were more mobile.

I was hoping for 2 reds and a 2 goal lead going into the away game as I'm sure they must have had 5 on yellows for a decent amount of time ? 

Jack probably needs to speak with John Terry and get his advice on being a top captain. Tricks like speaking to the ref, jeeing up the players and concentrating on the whole team and being vocal giving encouragement.

Over all after a lack lustre 1st half I'm gutted we didn't spank them, we played well and the whole team did it's part.

Well done boys, a clean sheet for steer and co in the return match is all I ask 

• Like 1

Whelan should not have started, whatever happened to man marking, gale just sat in between the two defenders all day and ran the show. Defending zones is a new disaster the king in invisible clothes, and when the opposition are giants why would you put high balls in the box, hard and low is the way and attack them down the centre as gale showed us.

Frustrating day but we got the rewards in the end. The goal we gifted Albion really influenced the 90 minutes as they could just  sit on their lead and hope to take 1-0 back home. Ultimately that negative tactic came back to bite them when they let there guard drop a couple of times and lost the game. Not our best performance by a mile today, but we just needed to have patience and play our game as it has been proven to be effective 11 games out of last 13 now! They’ll need to come out of their half in the next leg so hopefully we’ll have some joy in cutting them open next time out and kill the tie early doors. Good subs from Smith, I bet he’s buzzing this afternoon! UTV 

• Like 2

Â