Match Thread: PO Villa v West Brom

limpid

West Brom are have a game plan, sit deep defend and rush down everything, and we've been unable to find an answer to it.

The daft thing is, if you swapped the plan and scoreline I'd be sat waiting for the inevitable goal and we'd be defending with our backs to the wall. West Brom look like they could do this all day.

Whelan looks injured or just totally slow today, adomah the same refusing to make runs and overlap.

Grealish too deep and McGinn not able to effect the game.

Oh and I cant be the only one wondering why axel didn't throw himself in front of Gayle when Whelan played him through ?

I would be putting connor on for adomah at this rate and swapping el ghazi to the right.

Very laboured. Passes telegraphed. They can see what we are at a mile off. Axel needs to come forward more with the ball. He'll play through them. Tammy's workrate off the ball isn't good enough so far. Not making Hegazi and Bartley move really to allow others space in behind them. 

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Whelan looks injured or just totally slow today, adomah the same refusing to make runs and overlap.

Grealish too deep and McGinn not able to effect the game.

Oh and I cant be the only one wondering why axel didn't throw himself in front of Gayle when Whelan played him through ?

I would be putting connor on for adomah at this rate and swapping el ghazi to the right.

I'm hoping Smith will tell them all out attack or face the truth which is losing, we have no choice but to send every man forward like it's a war.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Horrendous half.

Adomah has been worse than awful.

Dunno what game you're watching. We've not been that bad. They got a lucky goal. Shit happens.

• Like 1

Very laboured. Passes telegraphed. They can see what we are at a mile off. Axel needs to come forward more with the ball. He'll play through them. Tammy's workrate off the ball isn't good enough so far. Not making Hegazi and Bartley move really to allow others space in behind them. 

Just now, Michelsen said:

Incredibly frustrating. No use being the superior side if you’re too timid to take advantage. 

Who said we're the superior side? They've been above us all season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Oh and I cant be the only one wondering why axel didn't throw himself in front of Gayle when Whelan played him through? 

Risk of red card and pen I would guess? He was coming at full pace 

Smith is not really a tactical manager. He just set's up the team in the same shape every game and hope we wins the game.

We might see some early subs but don't expect him to change the gameplan even tho this is clearly not working. Don't get me wrong i think Smith is a decent coach at this level but he's not a great tactician.

Just now, vreitti said:

Who said we're the superior side? They've been above us all season. 

I did. We’re clearly a better team, we’re just lacking that little edge in both ends of the pitch today. I still feel like we could put two or three past them if things start clicking for us. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t dislike Tammy but Gayle is the best striker in this league has been for years

• Like 1