Going to see the mouse (Florida)

choffer

Planning a ten day trip to take the little one to DisneyWorld next year.

Any suggestions? Sounds like it could be cowing expensive to do it all through Disney. In my head I think I'm budgeting for £6k all-in (for the three of us). Am I being too optimistic?

All advice appreciated.

Edited by choffer

10 hours ago, choffer said:

Planning a ten day trip to take the little one to DisneyWorld next year.

Any suggestions? Sounds like it could be cowing expensive to do it all through Disney. In my head I think I'm budgeting for £6k all-in (for the three of us). Am I being too optimistic?

All advice appreciated.

Get over to Kennedy Space center too. 

• Like 1

I recommend 1 of these 3 options.  I have done all. 

Stay at Disney Hotels. They are expensive but you get the benefit of free Disney transport. 

Stay on International Drive. Cheaper than Disney but a bit further away. Most hotels provide some transport to the parks. Restaurants are cheaper than Disney. 

Rent a villa. The cheapest option for large groups or out of season.  I normally go in November and can rent a private villa for about the same as a decent hotel room. But you need to rent a car. Self catering is much cheaper if you use it for breakfasts and evening meals. 

It's hard to beat the 14 day Disney passes for park entrance. 

• Like 1

Go all in mate. Stay on property pay for the priority stuff. It’s a once in a lifetime trip. 

If you only want to do some time doing the Disney (don’t know how long you going).  Plenty to do with a rental car and motels outside of Orlando. 

Kennedy space center already mentioned  

Siesta key key is stunning.

The ocean deck in Daytona Beach best bar I’ve ever been too. 

Even Miami a 4 hour drive for a couple of nights!

anythign specific ask. Never done Disney but been to the Orlando area a lot!

edit:just saw 10 day trip!

maybe do 5-6 days on Disney then rent a car and do 3 days travel and then back to Orlando the night before your flight leaves!?

Edited by Dom_Wren
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just got back (well a week or so ago). problem is that it's like thailand, so many have been but there are so many different ways to do it and everyone will swear that their way is the best. personally, i love staying off property, international drive area but that's because we dont have kids and like our meals out.

i have 4 key pieces of advice that really helped me: watching youtube vlogs...i never do this with any other holiday etc but there are some that really helped me. the best ones being touring plans, resort tv 1, and theme park worldwide

the 2nd is related to touring plans; subscribe to their website (i'm not affiliated i promise). it costs a tenner for a year and they take over 10 years of historic queue times etc and estimate ACTUAL queue wait times and plan your routes around the parks. they have an app too that you can use in the parks so when you see a 1 hour wait for a ride the app will work out actual wait time as it might be much less, and will also advise you whether to join queue straight away or wait until later in the day

3rd is the fastpass system. when i went as a kid you turn up, stand in line, go on a ride...as did everyone else. now things have changed...it's 'organised fun'. whether you agree with this or not you need to embrace it or not get as much done as you like. you basically have to work out which rides you want to do and when, 30 days in advance (60 if staying on property). plenty of vlogs explaining this with tips as to which rides are best to use fastpasses on

4th and probably most important...arrive at parks before they open. turn up at 10am, and the big rides will already have 2+ hour waits. plus parks often open slightly early, or let people through to holding areas to help manage crowds. flight of passage at animal kingdom had posted 2.5 hour wait at 9.30 when i went. we arrived 1 hour before park opening and still ended up queuing 30 mins for that...

happy for you to DM me any questions...i'm far from an expert but it's just fresh in my mind following my recent trip

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2022 at 13:34, Kingman said:

Anyone been recently? Thinking of going next month, Any general information or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks 

i was due to be there now but due to a family emergency we've moved to 1 year from now. was largely planned out and i like to think my knowledge is pretty sound regarding the parks etc. i went the summer before covid hit too so semi-recently

have you been before? think a lot depends on who you're traveling with. if you're bringing kids for the first time you probably want to stay on property (meaning a disney hotel). it would probably double the holiday cost at least but gives them the full experience

if you're going just with your other half for example i recommend one of the hotels on international drive

i get my tickets from floridatix who are pretty good and find they were the best value

not yet done it but the magic kingdom halloween party is supposedly brilliant (even if it is stupid money) and the universal one apparently good too (but think that gets crazy busy)

the fast pass system has changed - i could explain it but it's probably easier to watch a few youtube videos explaining it all...they'll do a better job than me. it's kind of an 'organised fun' type of holiday. you should plan your itinerary in order to get the most of the experience

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â