Getting some signatures for my lad at VP

leighavfc

Hi all

Im finally taking my lad to his first game on Sunday, cant wait im so excited for him! Its one of the days us football mom and dads look forward to the most taking them for the first time. 

This season he has really got into football and Villa big time after months of will he, wont he!  He is in love with Jack and Mcginn, cant stop talking about them lol 

Im looking to try and make it and extra special day for him by maybe get some autographs or something for him to remember and have something to hold on to for memories. I know people wait at the car park to the players car park after the games and am looking to do this myself.

Does anybody have any idea of what kind of times before or after the game the players arrive or leave? Or anybody done this recently? I know there is no exact science to it but if somebody could give me a rough estimate that would be helpful ! Also whats the sketch with training days etc? I know they have just introduced the 25 person rule last week but how do you find out when they are training, or is it literally pot luck?

Thanks in advance !

I always used to wait before the game, last game so they should be in fun spirits and sign a lot. I think there’s even a page in the program for them to sign so get there early kick off is early so you may want to be there from 10am I’d say, wait around for his hero’s, go to the shop, get some food, get in the stadium and watch the warm up and make a full day of it, should be a carnival atmosphere too so good luck and enjoy the game 

Thanks, i think il wait after the game for them to come out as he has football training in the morning so will be a bit of a rush to get there! Il take one of his shirts down with us and grab him a program for them to sign etc! 

Can't wait, he is so excited. I wish I had waited until sunday morning to tell him but I couldn't help it! 

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

Thanks, i think il wait after the game for them to come out as he has football training in the morning so will be a bit of a rush to get there! Il take one of his shirts down with us and grab him a program for them to sign etc! 

Can't wait, he is so excited. I wish I had waited until sunday morning to tell him but I couldn't help it! 

Take a Sharpie or two

• Like 1

I took my daughter down a few weeks ago

Got some good advice on here about times and also phoned the club.

Players have to be at the ground 4 hours before kick off and no later than 3 hours but that was for a 3pm kick off, no idea on the early kick offs.

20 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Thanks for the info guys, worked out really well. Managed to get most signatures, unfortunately apart from Mings, Jack and McGinn who are the ones he desperately wanted to see! Going to try again next week I think when they are back in the 11. 

He had a great day and several times said it was the best day ever so im a very very happy dad tonight! UTV !

As I said to my wife when my 4 year old son was kicking a ball around the garden singing the John Carew song. 

"My work here is done" 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

As I said to my wife when my 4 year old son was kicking a ball around the garden singing the John Carew song. 

"My work here is done" 

that was a great song, got it stuck in my head now Thankyou =====

• Haha 1

I was looking through a load of old Villa stuff the other day at signatures I had collected over the years. I cant read some of them any more 

But I can read some of interest Chicco Hamilton, Julian Joachin, Brian Little, Gidman, Charlie Aitkin, a couple of Deadly Doug, MON, Stan, Bruce Rioch, Jimmy Cumbes, Ray Graydon 

as the old chap says when I reverse the car "Ah that takes me back"

Â