Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

There are a few clubs who have a rivalry with Leeds whether it’s from the great revie team, or from antics off the pitch, or maybe both. We’ve never had that rivalry with each other.  We were a big club in the lower leagues whilst Leeds were one of the best teams in English and European football during the the late 60s- 70s. Our support, which had its moments off the pitch was never headline grabbers like the Leeds support was. It seems when they were good we were shit, and vice versa. With today’s game and the high chance that we will do battle again in the play offs, I can see this fixture having a bit more bite than it had, or which was lacking.  Two big clubs with two big followings. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

BBC reporting (confirming) that Roberts made out that was going to put the ball out, Klich was offside and Bamford simulated an elbow:

The only thing they failed to get right / mention is that it was Jansson who tried to challenge the goal unsportingly.

And they called El Ghazi ‘Ahmed’. 

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Im calling it now - that red wont be overturned.

Should be, but I bet it isn't.

Smith's already said McGinn wont play next week

It will be 100 % overturned on appeal. Zero contact.

• Like 1

How can you not hate Leeds? Horrible club, vile cheating players. Only one who isn't scum is the manager, credit to him for rising above the scum he's surrounded by. Tuanzebe and Mings absolutely superb, signing both should be our number one priority whichever league we are in. 

3 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Don't know why Smith just didn't put out a second string and rested our best players. That was one stressful game to watch! We defended well but I hope it hasn't taken a toll on our players both physically and emotionally.

Because we are on a ten game unbeaten run and the best way to keep confidence up is to keep the run going. Why throw away that run, makes no sense. If we were into the playoffs on the back of two defeats it would have affected their confidence. Definitely rest Mcginn against Norwich though. 

Where was Davis? Hope we have him available for Norwich. 

Edited by Razor

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I may be in the minority here, but we only got ourselves to blame for that nonsense.

You play to the referees whistle, and the referee stops the game for head injuries, so we should have just played on when we had the ball with Andre Green then we wouldn't be in a position to politely request Leeds to put it out because we did for them..

Hope we have learned from this and just play on in future. 

We were playing on but the Leeds lad in posession stopped and looked to play it out, but then played it forward instead.

5 minutes ago, Razor said:

Because we are on a ten game unbeaten run and the best way to keep confidence up is to keep the run going. Why throw away that run, makes no sense. If we were into the playoffs on the back of two defeats it would have affected their confidence. Definitely rest Mcginn against Norwich though. 

Where was Davis? Hope we have him available for Norwich. 

12 games.

14 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Stop being silly.

We'll see.

Bamford grabs him and spins him around - as he spins, his arm(s) move (obviously) somewhere near Bamfords stomach/chest. I'll hang my hat on them justifying the red for an arm swing.

Bamford should get done for being a cheating scrote, and AEG should get off.

But i have a feeling...

53 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Im calling it now - that red wont be overturned.

Should be, but I bet it isn't.

Smith's already said McGinn wont play next week

On what basis? There is absolutely no contact and consideribg the importance of the next three games there is no way they won't. 

• Like 1

Â