• Adomah
    • Kodjia
    • Hourihane (Whelan 59)
    • Green (Adomah 59)
    • Davis (Kodjia 75)
  2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/19 at 22:59

GD doesn't matter now:

Min Villa points = 75

Max Derby points = 76

Max Boro points = 73

Max Bristol points = 75

But with Derby & Bristol playing each other, we can't finish lower than 6th

A medium sherry for Mr Smith this evening. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

We have ***** done it unless Bristol or Derby win by googles 

Derby can get to 76 (Bristol 72)
Boro can get to 73
Bristol can get to 75 (Derby 73)

So only Derby can overhaul our current points total & only Bristol can match it (but on a far inferior goal difference).  They play each other so both outcomes cannot happen.  We're in the playoffs.  

Edited by cudoz

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

WellgroomedInfamousDingo-small.gif

What is it with opposition keepers coming to VP and having blinders?

putting themselves in the shop window for a top club.....us.

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

From looking like we would struggle to finish top half 2 months ago to this. Unbelievable turnaround.

Incredible....I guess the work Dean was doing when we was struggling, was this.....it just hadn't come to fruition.

2 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

Ground it out. Should have had another goal at least..we'll take the points..bring on the teams above us 

1-0

or

6-0

=3 points.

Professional job, despite the sore nails.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Great win now we can relax for the last two. 

It might not be a good idea to relax, although to some degree we may have to.....We need momentum going in to the play offs.

However, Leeds and Norwich are looking a bit jaded.and with Sheff Utd breathing down their necks....The pressure will be on them.

16 minutes ago, chappy said:

10 in a row, unbelievable! 

It’s my birthday today - have been let down on plenty in the past by Villa so thanks boys for stepping up today!

There was an expectant atmosphere at VP today but hard not to be when you’ve won 9 on the spin and the opposition are low in the table. I felt we dominated and the result should’ve been much more comfortable if it weren’t for some good saves and poor finishing.

Voted Kodjia MOTM as I felt he filled in for Tammy on the work rate front which can’t always be said of Jimmy Danger. Great finish for a lovely team goal too, moments after fluffing a one on one.

Nobody had an off day - was impressed with El Ghazi again and I think he’ll be good in all our games from now on - none of the physical battles he has sometimes struggled in earlier this season. Defence was calm and composed, Taylor and Elmo look different players to around Christmas time.

Jack showed yet again that he’s a class above this division and I love watching him and McGinn keep the ball away from opponents in the corner. I think that was the most confident we wouldn’t lose the ball I’ve been throughout injury time ever at Villa Park!

Onward to Leeds!

It's my birthday today too.. 

And my nickname is also "chappy"..

Are you and I one and the same?  

(It's also @Paddywhacks birthday today too, but **** that guy, he's a right unpleasant asshole).

Happy birthday!

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's my birthday today too.. 

And my nickname own "chappy"..

Are you and I one and the same?  

(It's also @Paddywhacks birthday today too, but **** that guy, he's a right unpleasant asshole).

Happy birthday!

5bbe76523df1d07526ade28471ec9d32.jpg

You too! (And Paddywhack!)

Edited by chappy
Broken link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not at our best but still comfortably the better side. I thought we played well within ourselves and let the game be a lot more uncomfortable than it needed to be. The Dutch really only had one weapon, set pieces to their giant centre half which we struggled a little to deal with, but we looked dangerous on the break and should have scored more.

It was the kind of day where we came expecting to win, the crowd, the players, the opposition, everyone expected a Villa win - I prefer the games where we have to try or where we sparkle, but I'll take this one. I thought El Ghazi looked excellent again, Grealish ambled gracefully through and we looked largely untroubled - we weren't quite fully at it though, we looked like we were playing at 80%, like we had an extra gear. Even McGinn was off his best; he played at 100% at most. Well within himself. 

Nice for Kodjia to get the goal, although I thought in some ways we looked better with Davis on. It looks like Abraham will be back for the playoffs so it's good we have the options. I love that if we're one up in a key game, we can get the ball into the corner and let the Jack-and-John show take over; they're hard to get the ball off and they have enough devilment to cause you a problem if you try too hard and get the wrong side. Mings looked good, Taylor and Elmo were adventurous and Jedinak is enjoying a fine Indian summer. I think you have to give a lot of credit to Dean Smith and his backroom staff in the way we're set up, the way we use the ball and the good work we do at both ends of the pitch.

Results elsewhere mean we're now guaranteed a playoff place and we've beaten our record for league wins - there's a lot to be proud of today and a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks. In flashes we looked excellent - it's good that we finish with Leeds and Norwich - it'll keep us sharp going in and help us maintain our levels. 

Kinda hard not to be a tiny bit excited isn't it?

I think that is spot on.

That just felt so comfortable, without us playing all that well. 10 wins in a row is an unbelievable achievement, and to break the record in such a calm manner speaks volumes about the focus and confidence at VP these days. El Ghazi my MOTM, Whelan close behind. Also think that Davis deserves a start against Leeds.

Without taking anything away from us or our achievement, Millwall were pathetic. They didn’t even try and push us, and were out of ideas before the game even kicked off. There wasn’t even really an aerial bombardment at the end - it was like they’d decided to take a 1-0 loss and head back to the big smoke. I’d be raging if we’d put in that performance, especially in the midst of a relegation battle (flashbacks incoming).

Â