• Adomah
    • Kodjia
    • Hourihane (Whelan 59)
    • Green (Adomah 59)
    • Davis (Kodjia 75)
  2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/19 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Am I right in thinking then that if the scores stay the same today, we are confirmed in the play off ??

If that happens, Bristol or Derby would still be able to match our points if they win their remaining 3 games and we lose our 2.

However, Bristol they would have to turn over a 15 point goal difference ! We’re on 22, they’re on 7!

Derby are on 9

Edited by Agbonla-score

1 minute ago, Agbonla-score said:

Bristol would be level on points if they win their remaining games and we lose them. However, they would have to turn over a 15 point goal difference !

We’re on 22, they’re on 7!

I would have liked or thanks your answer, but finally ran out of likes etc 

42 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Is there a limit to how many likes you can post. I think I have liked everything today

Here, have a well deserved "like"!

About the game: chuffed to bits of course*. Seems we adapt to the opposition in the sense that we simply match them and then turn the knob up just a bit, enough to score a deciding winner or two. So, I'm really excited to see us rise to the occasion when we meet the likes of Norwich and Leeds.

*Though it would be nice to win 6-1 every now and then. :ph34r:

Chuffed to bits with 10 in a row and very proud of all the lads involved!

However, our wastefulness is a real concern, and i hope it does not come down to missed chances for the playoff final...

Edited by flashingqwerty
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

From looking like we would struggle to finish top half 2 months ago to this. Unbelievable turnaround.

Nah, I'm sure Bruce would've easily had us at automatic by now :rolleyes:

I have an irrational dislike of Bristol City, always have. Bristol Rovers, not bothered, doesn't register.

Bristol City I've always checked their result in the hope they lose.

They're currently 2:0 down, today is just getting better and better.

On the current arc of joy, I'll be touching someone's boobs by this evening and this time, it ain't going to be uncle Bryn.

• Haha 2

I've always hated the way we've struggled against Millwall, who have relied on physical size and strength to bully us but today we showed how to deal with it - we passed it around them and scored (for a 10 minute period out of a 90 minute match!).

That aside, we didn't half make hard work of it today, sloppy mistakes went unpunished thankfully but Villa being Villa they put us through the mill every time don't they?  Mings was again dominant, Jedinak had a mistake in him but was suited to the hoof ball from Millwall (it's so good to see 2 units at the back, how I've missed a team built around such players!), Captain Jack and SJM went about the midfield with typical surging runs (McGinn doing well to avoid the yellow cards he normally picks up - clearly someone has a had a word) but I went for Whelo as MOTM as I think he's given us a presence in the middle of the pitch that kept it ticking over whenever the physical side came to the fore.  El Gazi showed growing potential but couldn't quite make it happen, Jimmy Danger did well for his goal but we lacked the physical presence that Tammy gives us.  I felt Adomah had a poor game and Green injected pace but his end product also lacked at times.

Can we make it 11, well not playing within ourselves like today we can't (given that it's Leeds next) but we certainly have the ability in the team - if we chose to step up but at present, I think we're coasting towards the boing boings in the playoffs and you couldn't have said that a couple of months ago!

History in the making, 10 on the bounce, captained by a Villan, managed by a Villan… I wonder how the story will end this season?

Edited by Darth Villa
  • Like 3

Â