Cup Final Six of Eight – Build Up

John

I don't want to be a moody malcolm here but i don't feel confident about this one. 

I don't care if we hammer them 8-0, or if it's an edgy 1-0 win.......three points is all that matters now.

It's just that we're playing the small heath of the south and that puts me on edge.

UTV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a bit of rotation is required here. We need McGinn and Grealish fresh for the playoffs  

I’d put Hourihane, Davis, Green and Lansbury in the starting line up. There is talk Chester is getting back towards fitness. But if Tuanzebe is out Jedi needs to start. 

Really this game is probably the most important of the 3 games left.

If we win this one we are in a really good place going in to last two games against strong opposition, it will also but massive pressure on Bristol, Derby and Boro to win all their remaining games with zero slip ups.

If we lose or draw this one we will put a lot of pressure on ourselves to need results against Leeds and Norwich.

We can't have any complacency in this game, it's a big one.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Hate to say it, as it seems complacent, but I can only see another win given our respective places in the league and goals scored/conceded, and then also our form, and also the fact that every part of the team is playing good football. Thought those Fulham fans last season were too cocky, but on reflection they had every reason to feel confident having gone on a run like ours. No matter a question of daring to believe, I do believe. 

Steer

Elmo  Tuanzebe/Jedinak  Mings  Taylor

Hourihane

McGinn                 Grealish

Green               Kodjia               El Ghazi

• Like 3

If this was a 3pm kick off Id be suggesting some rotation here (as I think changing it up against Leeds and/or Norwich might give us a damaging heavy defeat), but this is the early kick off. Get the 3 points by hammering them and pile the pressure on the 3 below us to have to go win all their games to catch us.

22 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I don't want to be a moody malcolm here but i don't feel confident about this one. 

I don't care if we hammer them 8-0, or if it's an edgy 1-0 win.......three points is all that matters now.

It's just that we're playing the small heath of the south and that puts me on edge.

UTV

we have beat small heath twice this season....

this will not be easy but we will win.....

On 20/04/2019 at 18:41, AVTuco said:

10 wins in a row IF we win this - what a feeling it will be!

FTFY

8 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I think a bit of rotation is required here. We need McGinn and Grealish fresh for the playoffs  

I’d put Hourihane, Davis, Green and Lansbury in the starting line up. There is talk Chester is getting back towards fitness. But if Tuanzebe is out Jedi needs to start. 

How about we actually confirm our place in the playoffs, before we start worrying about resting players? 

• Like 4