A Thought for Bolton

hippo

Completely agree, the Bolton scenario could easily have been us tbh.

The gap between rich and poor is widening, its a great pity for the wider game, i do wonder sometimes as i get older whether football (and other sports) are just chasing the cash now, and care little for the actual fans (other than cliche pretence) that make the sport what it is.

At the end of the day, take away the fans and the sport is literally kicking a bag of air around with no noise or atmosphere......

Lets hope in the near to medium future, the health of the wider sport improves, obviously this also goes for how clubs are run, as many clubs (including our own historically), are/were ran like gambling clubs.

• Like 1

Never good to see a club suffering like that, except for Small Heath.

At the end of the day, they're fans just like we are.  As kids they would have dreamed of playing for Bolton, wanted autographs, worn the kits.

They may well be a smaller club than us, but through no fault of their own they're having to endure some absolute shite.

I think Bolton issue is an issue of the Premier League money rotting football. Not the first club to get relegated and suffere parachute payment woes and also wont be the last to see financial issues through chasing the dream . Its something the government might have to look into as these are important parts of communities that are been ran by shady people Blackpool is another and obviously ourselves until recently, Few other clubs too

Massive sympathy for the supporters seeing the issues with this club. I think along with the premier league money killing teams that once were established premier league teams, Bolton like Wigan and others in greater Manchester are starting to suffer crowd wise from the man city effect. I imagine it’s hard enough to stop supports going to watch united but now they have city to contend with too.

Â