Sarajevo

maqroll

I did a long weekend there which is probably about long enough if you don't hang about

Sarajevo town you can sort walk about on your own , see the spot where Archduke Ferdinand got killed , see the graves , see the mortar shells , see some churches and visit the Muslim quarter ( found this lovely family  restaurant where the man made his own beer , lovely stuff )

I booked a private your for myself with Meet Bosnia travel was a fairly long day but as I was alone I didn't have to wait for people so managed to get  Tito's bunker in Konjic, and then come back to Sarajevo, and do the The Fall of Yugoslavia tour, visit Tunnel of Hope, panoramic tour, and walking tour...  panoramic tour takes you up into the hills to see where the Serbs were shelling the town from and you get to walk along the old bob sleigh course from the Olympics  ..tunnel is worth the visit , you can't walk the entire length but you get an idea of what went on

if you've got more time then from Titp's bunker / Konjic you could head down to Mostar and do that as part of a day trip  and then do the city tour stuff on a separate day

I enjoyed the place , little bit harrowing seeing all the graves  and did sorta make me want to go home and punch my Serbian mate (tbf it wasn't his fault , its just the reaction a visit there brings out in you)

Â