Possible QSI (PSG owners) buy out

A38villan

I'm happy enough with our present owners and assume that they feel the same about our football club.

I can fully understand that others would like to buy us as well, but we're not for sale, as I understand it. I would guess that it would take an offer that our current owner's can't refuse to make them even think of leaving so soon.That would have to be a mighty good offer given they are hardly cash strapped. What will be will be, but I would be surprised if anything comes of this.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Cheaper certainly, cost effective I'm not so sure about!

In relation to its cost it’s the most productive way to go about the business of buying a club. So long as you actually get promoted lol

23 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

In relation to its cost it’s the most productive way to go about the business of buying a club. So long as you actually get promoted lol

...and there in lies the problem.  Doesnt matter how rich you are down here.

On 19/04/2019 at 23:10, mikeyjavfc said:

I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords.

I for one emphatically do not. I hope there isn’t an ounce of truth in this. First I’ve heard of it just flicking down he VT forum. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

News apparently that they are shifting their attention to Leeds. 

Any club they end up buying is almost guaranteed success.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Silly question but if money is no and object why not just buy a PL team?

Reminds me of a plonker i used to work with that spent thousands of pounds turning a shitty old saxo into a chav mobile. I never understood why he didn't just spend that money on a decent car in the first place. 

Edited by av1

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

News apparently that they are shifting their attention to Leeds. 

It's kind of surprising that someone with a shed load of cash who wants to buy a Premier League project hasn't had a go with them to be honest. 

They are bigger than nearly half the current clubs in the Premier league.  Makes sense, just like us really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Silly question but if money is no and object why not just buy a PL team?

Reminds me of a plonker i used to work with that spent thousands of pounds turning a shitty old saxo into a chav mobile. I never understood why he didn't just spend that money on a decent car in the first place. 

It's probably more akin to finding a 1930's Bugatti rotting in a shed and spending £500k restoring it to pristine condition, spending a couple of years driving it around and showing it off at car shows until some lazy arse who wants it but can't be bothered with the time and effort in restoring one offers you a cool £3m for it. 

I am sure some multi billionaires want to just buy a Man United and go for instant success and some get a kick out of building something, restoring something. Billionaires like all people have their own motivations and attitudes I am sure. 

PSG are in a bit of a mess atm.

They don't have a proper sporting director since Leonardo left and president Nasser Al-Khelaïfi pretty much handles everything himself.

But he's been absent since March when they crashed out of the CLand is currently facing corruption charges for his role in trying to bribe the IAAF to get the World Athletics Championships to Qatar in 2017.

He will obviously not be sentenced to anything other than at worst a fine.

The club is falling apart from withing with the Brazilian group doing their thing and the other players doing their thing.

There is even talk about them (Qatar) walking away from the project. Don't see it going that far mind.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's kind of surprising that someone with a shed load of cash who wants to buy a Premier League project hasn't had a go with them to be honest. 

They are bigger than nearly half the current clubs in the Premier league.  Makes sense, just like us really. 

They should go for forest they are a nicer club than Leeds and a massive club

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They should go for forest they are a nicer club than Leeds and a massive club

Would be funny as anything to see O'Neill with a blank chequebook again.

Hutton 2 year deal 50k a week.

James Morrison 3 year deal 60k a week.

Sean Morrison £33m, 5 year deal 80k a week.

Â