Possible QSI (PSG owners) buy out

A38villan

I wouldn't say no obviously but I think it's just complete nonsense really. Why would our owners sell up already and it's not as if they're short of money like a certain Dr

Edited by Farlz

No thanks, for the first time in 15 years I'm actually feeling positive that the people leading the club aren't total cowboys, and I weirdly have this feeling we are being run well.

Although I'm not sure if that feeling is genuine or just an age related physical ailment.......

These other dudes can go forth and multiply.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I wouldn't say no obviously but I think it's just complete nonsense really. Why would our owners sell up already and it's not as if they're short of money like a certain Dr

I dunno, if we miss out on promotion and they get a ridiculous offer for a quick profit, they're businessmen after all.  I can't see it happening though.

They could do an ownership model similar to Watford, same family different man in charge 

As for not qataris...because everyone else involved in football apart from them are sound characters...I couldn't care less

As for the story...it's not much is it? They might be looking to do it and it might be us, more guess work than a game of cluedo 

Would our owners sell? Of course they would, they're businessmen 

I find it amusing how fans are saying no and how awful it would be. 

Yeah it would be truly awful to have owners that want to own the best team in England and eventually Europe and actually have the financial clout to make it happen. 

Edit: Pretty sure it’s b*••shit anyway. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well as I live in Qatar (Have done on and off for over 2 decades).

I can tell you that most of that is media propaganda horseshite.

Mostly driven by the likes of Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Egypt.

No doubt that in the past, regionwide, construction workers and so on have had to work through poor conditions, but on the whole that has changed.

As petty as it sounds, especially since Qatar have secured the World Cup, these GCC countries in the region have been overwhelmed with jealousy and trying to drive a narrative.

Their is currently a blockade on Qatar from those countries, they tried to claim "Terrorism involvement", and quietly they have said if Qatar agrees to hand over the World Cup to them or share it they will drop the agenda.

The politics in this region are alot more complicated and petty than meet the eye.

They literally have grown men, Royal, rich teenager style "dick measuring" competitions"

Please don't believe everything you read in the media.

The systematic abuse and taking away the freedom from foreign workers has been wildly report from human rights organisations, journlaists, and officials from the origin country of workers. 

They have all the money in the world yet they have been practicing modern day slavery. Yes they have changed the laws, but with reluctance. And mostly due to international pressure. 

Add in death penalty for gays(by law but not practiced) 

I think you're right about the fact that there's a smearing campaign against them in terms of linking them with terrorism, the corruption accusations might be as well. 

But the other issues I've mentioned can't be excused. And I would say that's more enough reasons to be negative towards a Quatar ownership.

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

The systematic abuse and taking away the freedom from foreign workers has been wildly report from human rights organisations, journlaists, and officials from the origin country of workers. 

They have all the money in the world yet they have been practicing modern day slavery. Yes they have changed the laws, but with reluctance. And mostly due to international pressure. 

Add in death penalty for gays. 

I think you're right about the fact that there's a smearing campaign against them in terms of linking them with terrorism, the corruption accusations might be as well. 

But the other issues I've mentioned can't be excused. And I would say that's more enough reasons to be negative towards a Quatar ownership.

You can’t judge owners based on the country they are from. Egypt is hardly squeaky clean. 

I’d welcome them with open arms. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't like the holier than thou attitude on this forum. You guys do realise we have American owners? Not exactly a sanctuary of morality either. 

And Egyptian! Plus everyone only loves our owners because they are also stinking rich. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't like the holier than thou attitude on this forum. You guys do realise we have American owners? Not exactly a sanctuary of morality either. 

Slightly different in that QSI I believe are owned by the Qatari state.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can’t judge owners based on the country they are from. Egypt is hardly squeaky clean. 

I’d welcome them with open arms. 

I completely agree that you shouldn't judge anyone simply based on where they are from. That would be ridiculous. 

However QSI is funded by the state of Quatar. Our owners would in fact be the state of Quatar. Which makes it a whole different story. 

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

I completely agree that you shouldn't judge anyone simply based on where they are from. That would be ridiculous. 

However QSI is funded by the state of Quatar. Our owners would in fact be the state of Quatar. Which makes it a whole different story. 

Man City fans must feel dirty.

• Like 1

Â