Possible QSI (PSG owners) buy out

A38villan

I only want this to happen so another team doesn't get their money. Ultimately I know we don't need QSI money, and I know that whatever hoops they'll have to jump through to make things work once we're in Europe likely won't be worth it, but do I want another team around us becoming PSG rich? Not really..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they are practically owned by Qatar, a state with a lot of human rights abuses for a start

Probably result in better service in the north stand though!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I only want this to happen so another team doesn't get their money. Ultimately I know we don't need QSI money, and I know that whatever hoops they'll have to jump through to make things work once we're in Europe likely won't be worth it, but do I want another team around us becoming PSG rich? Not really..

This was also my thinking mate.

That was/is actually my major worry.

I'm quite happy with our owners.

• Like 1

The original article is so vague on who they would want that it all strikes me as a story about the fact English clubs are doing so well in champions league this season that some rich fellas fancy getting into the UK arena. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Really?

Do you have any idea about the type of money and status the Qataris bring with them?

Especially given 2022.

Sure. I still don’t want them though. I don’t want us to become Man City or anything like that, maybe years ago I would’ve thought different but I’m quite happy with sustainability and growing as a club after almost going bust. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sure. I still don’t want them though. I don’t want us to become Man City or anything like that, maybe years ago I would’ve thought different but I’m quite happy with sustainability and growing as a club after almost going bust. 

exactly...I just want us to do things the right way. the axe will come down on the likes of city and PSG at some point (it's started to already)

Super rich Egyptian / American to super rich Qatari... Won't make much difference to us. We'll have all the money we'll need or be allowed to spend anyway.

I'll say this for the Qataris though. They haven't made a good gaming system since the Jaguar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

The thing is though even if they take over another Championship team they still have to get promoted without breaking FFP. As we have found in this league it isn't as easy as going out and buying the best players before waltzing back to the Premier League.

19 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Find the responses here incredibly interesting. If this was 12 months ago everyone would be lapping this up.

Just goes to show the general satisfaction of the leadership (and spending power) of Sawiris and Edens I think.

Purslow for me gives a lot of encouragement and building blocks are been put in place through the club

PSG owners come in and probably want a big name like Henry 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I live in Qatar (Have done on and off for over 2 decades).

They literally have grown men, Royal, rich teenager style "dick measuring" competitions"

Nobody likes a sore loser

• Like 1

Â