Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maqroll

Pre Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Don't fancy Jedinak at CB in this one tbh. Wiemann is in good form and they also have a tricky wide player in Paterson who can come inside. If it's true Chester has been training seriously this week I'd give him a start and hope he can get through an hour.

2-2 which is fine as I expect us to beat Bolton and Millwall and that will all but secure play offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2019 at 04:49, Skruff said:

I wonder if we'll see a 4-1-2-1-2 for this one. 

-Kodjia----Abraham-

--------Grealish----------

-McGinn-Hourihane--

---------Whelan---------

Not that daft, actually....but I would say 4-3-3 being simplistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't fancy Jedinak at CB in this one tbh. Wiemann is in good form and they also have a tricky wide player in Paterson who can come inside. If it's true Chester has been training seriously this week I'd give him a start and hope he can get through an hour.

2-2 which is fine as I expect us to beat Bolton and Millwall and that will all but secure play offs.

We need a midfielder to look after Weimann, a defender is too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, John said:

We welcome Bristol City to Villa Park on Saturday for what will be a very tough top of the table clash. A win would stretch our lead over them to 4 points. They have a game in hand on us, so this game gives us an opportunity to ensure that a win from that, would not take them above us. Our visitors last won and last scored at Villa Park 40 years ago. Overall we have won 17 and have drawn 11 of the 37 league meetings that there have been between the two clubs. 

We will be missing Tyrone for this one, thanks to his harsh sending off at Rotherham. Hopefully Kortney will be fit to come in alongside Axel. I guess that it is too soon, for Chester to possibly make the bench? Should Johnny Danger start this one, coming in for El Ghazi perhaps? 

Let's make it 8 wins on the bounce in front of a packed Villa Park on Saturday. That would put us on 69 points and could increase the gap between the clubs that are outside the play off places and ourselves to 6 points, with 4 games of the season remaining. Three wins would give us 75 points and that is likely to be near to, or the points total that would bring us play off qualification. We need another win on Saturday, do it for us Villa! 

  

the past means nothing John......Coventry proved that, many moons ago at VP

Its all on the day....But all 11 have to work hard.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spoony said:

I will never get why Bristol City hate us so much. For that reason I hope we completely destroy them. 

Because all the fans down the M5 corridor as far as Exeter......have our attention.....why do you think Prince William is a fan?, influenced by his mates......We have so much of a catchment area.....We just need to be the team we all hope we can be and the world is our oyster.

I still don't quite think that Wes Edens and Nasser Swaris realise what they have got...in terms of potential.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

They usually are in the division below.

Didn't help them that at their old ground people could literally open their garden gate and they are inside the "stadium" without paying.

I used to go to watch teams in that division quite regularly following Bristol Manor Farm (we have some cracking team names down here).

Bristol Rovers does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it?😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Travelling up for the Blackburn home game I was cock-a-hop and convinced that we were going to give them a hiding. However, as we know it ended up being much tighter than expected. So I am less optimistic for this game and hoping my pessimism does the trick. All talk of another win has been banned in my family. The old superstitions will hopefully work 🙂 

At this stage of the season, hidings are rare, everyone works their socks off......3 points will do me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been watching some Bristol highlights, they certainly work really hard and have a really good high press, vs WBA they made their defences life hell closing them down, and a couple of their goals came from the high press and getting the ball off the around WBAs 18 yd box.

I think this is going to be a tough match, especially as they have an extra days recovery on us, and we played for 60mins with 10 men in our last match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see us winning with Mile in defence.

Can see our winning run coming to an end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John said:

We welcome Bristol City to Villa Park on Saturday for what will be a very tough top of the table clash. A win would stretch our lead over them to 4 points. They have a game in hand on us, so this game gives us an opportunity to ensure that a win from that, would not take them above us. Our visitors last won and last scored at Villa Park 40 years ago. Overall we have won 17 and have drawn 11 of the 37 league meetings that there have been between the two clubs. 

We will be missing Tyrone for this one, thanks to his harsh sending off at Rotherham. Hopefully Kortney will be fit to come in alongside Axel. I guess that it is too soon, for Chester to possibly make the bench? Should Johnny Danger start this one, coming in for El Ghazi perhaps? 

Let's make it 8 wins on the bounce in front of a packed Villa Park on Saturday. That would put us on 69 points and could increase the gap between the clubs that are outside the play off places and ourselves to 6 points, with 4 games of the season remaining. Three wins would give us 75 points and that is likely to be near to, or the points total that would bring us play off qualification. We need another win on Saturday, do it for us Villa! 

  

Johnny Danger 😂 love it

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a few weeks ago this was considered a must win match but for me it's more a must not lose now after 7 wins on the bounce has put us in a terrific position.

The main reasons I'd settle for a point is them having an extra days rest, us playing 50+ minutes with 10 men and the suspension of Mings.

I personally would play Jedinak over Hause (if the latter is struggling) but I can see why some people have concerns, his lack of pace may be targeted, I just feel he's more of a leader and up against Diedhiou I would back him (at least) physically. Either way Tuanzebe and the full backs all need to have solid games if we are to make it 8 in a row.

I think the gaffer has some difficult choices to make tomorrow, with both personnel and formation. 

Does Kodjia come in, buoyed by his goal and performance on Wednesday night and also facing his former club? If so, where does he play? Up front with Tammy or out wide where he maybe less effective? 

Does Smith freshen things up by bringing in Whelan or Lansbury? Does he play 4-4-2 with 2 natural wide men or a diamond 4 as been suggested on here? Or stick to 4-5-1?

More questions than answers for me, if I had to choose I would probably go;

                          Steer

Elmo    Tuanzebe    Jedi       Taylor 

                        Whelan 

           McGinn          Hourihane 

                        Grealish 

             Abraham        Kodjia 

But even with the team above I'd have concerns over our energy levels and what some of them have got left in the tank.

Prediction 1-1

UTV 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worried about the game.

Worried about our energy levels afters Wednesdays game.

Worried about loss of Mings and Jed replacing him.

Worried about Jack .Is he injured?

Worried about Tammys  confidence levels.

Game feels like Wolves game last season but hopefully we have learnt that these games don’t promote you it’s just another 3 points..

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRO said:

Bristol Rovers does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it?😀

Not one of my favourites, but better than their original name!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see us winning with Mile in defence.

Can see our winning run coming to an end.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A draw wouldn’t be a terrible result against another in form team who are below us in the table. 

Saying that we’re at home, why shouldn’t we win!

Edited by alreadyexists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Worried about the game.

Worried about our energy levels afters Wednesdays game.

Worried about loss of Mings and Jed replacing him.

Worried about Jack .Is he injured?

Worried about Tammys  confidence levels.

Game feels like Wolves game last season but hopefully we have learnt that these games don’t promote you it’s just another 3 points..

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result.

are you worried?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

A draw wouldn’t be a terrible result against another in form team who are below us in the table. 

Saying that we’re at home, why shouldn’t we win!

We need to win to keep up the momentum.....just like Fulham did last season.....This is the business end of the season when winning is a great habit to have.

I think The crowd will be important today....to help their energy levels, keep them going.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

been watching some Bristol highlights, they certainly work really hard and have a really good high press, vs WBA they made their defences life hell closing them down, and a couple of their goals came from the high press and getting the ball off the around WBAs 18 yd box.

I think this is going to be a tough match, especially as they have an extra days recovery on us, and we played for 60mins with 10 men in our last match.

I have the same concerns.....Weimann needs to be taken care of......Energy to burn.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need to win to keep up the momentum.....just like Fulham did last season.....This is the business end of the season when winning is a great habit to have.

I think The crowd will be important today....to help their energy levels, keep them going.

Very much so. I’d love a win! 

Getting excited now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â