Pre Match Thread

maqroll

Not sure this one is now a six pointer. It's going to be tough to recover from last night's heroics in the second half in time for full freshness on Saturday. My assumption is that Mings will be suspended for this one and leaves us with another selection headache back there, just when things had started to look nice and settled. Do we know how long Hause is out for, could he be back for this? As creditable as Jedinak was last night, could he last 90 minutes against a currently rampant Bristol City? All of a sudden, this feels like a game 'not to lose' rather than go balls in for a win and end up with a defeat. But what do I know? We're riding a wave at the moment and anything is possible I guess. That's the wonder... the wonder of football.

Looks like it's going to be a crowded house on Saturday down at Villa Park... Don't Dream It's Over... It's Only Natural to be nervous... I am too. Let's hope there is some Saturday Sun shining on the Villa boys... and take the Weather With You.  

• Haha 2

I think given the way he played last night and the impact he had on Saturday Kodjia has earned a start. I also think he needs to start up top with Abraham as that is where he is most effective.

I think with one eye on freshening things up and also on wanting to go two through the middle we may well see a midfield of Whelan, Lansbury, McGinn with Grealish given a free role behind Kodjia and Abraham. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Reckon you guys could do with a Bristol City fan on here.

Nah there’s enough pirates on here already and we prefer to talk to the founding club of the city 🤣

• Haha 1