Sky game?

villaglint

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

1. Live in Northern Ireland

2. Honestly cant really be bothered with all that illicit rubbish. Just let me pay a tenner to watch the damn game 🤬

1. I'm very sorry to hear that. 😉

2. Illicit rubbish? OK, well up to you. It is quick and easy to set up and the club directly gets money it would not otherwise get.... so i dont feel bad about it at all.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

One of the main reasons I'm desperate for us to get back into the PL. 

You do realise we have been on Sky more regularly in the Championship than we ever were in the prem?

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

You do realise we have been on Sky more regularly in the Championship than we ever were in the prem?

Yes, but when we're not on Sky...which is 80% of the time, we're not on tv anywhere else. You have to subscribe to the not-so-good AVTV to watch the games (something that wasn't available in our first season down here). Whereas if you're not on Sky in the PL, you'll still be on tv or at the very least there'll be a high quality, readily available stream. Basically, you'd have to subscribe to AVTV to get an inferior product to what you could find for free online if we were in the PL. And if you don't want to subscribe to AVTV, you'll have to settle for streaming some guy on FB streaming from AVTV. It's not even close.

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yes, but when we're not on Sky...which is 80% of the time, we're not on tv anywhere else. You have to subscribe to the not-so-good AVTV to watch the games (something that wasn't available in our first season down here). Whereas if you're not on Sky in the PL, you'll still be on tv or at the very least there'll be a high quality, readily available stream. Basically, you'd have to subscribe to AVTV to get an inferior product to what you could find for free online if we were in the PL. And if you don't want to subscribe to AVTV, you'll have to settle for streaming some guy on FB streaming from AVTV. It's not even close.

I don't think I agree. I live a long way from Villa Park so cannot practically get to games. I did the streaming stuff both in the prem and where it was available in the Championship. I generally find the streams to be advert and malware filled shite where the adverts always work perfectly and then you get a low quality stream that drops out and then you have to look for another one and start the cycle again, that's if it starts at all or is in fact the game that it said it was. AVTV is not perfect, but in my experience every game I have watched has been reliable as a stream, and whilst the commentating leaves a lot to be desired, I have found it to generally be a better quality picture and been confident that I will get the whole game.

Also, any game that is not at 3pm on a Sat is on the red button on Sky.

Personally I have found it much easier to watch games from afar this season than at any time in the prem.

I still desperately want us to be promoted though 🙂

Â