• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Jedinak (Adomah 37)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 45)
    • Whelan (Grealish 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/19 at 13:00

14 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

sylvester stallone running GIF by Rocky

John, John, the whistle has gone!  You can stop mate!!  Please!!!!

Think that is actually Live scenes of John running home from Rotherham after the match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

What a relief in the end! After a heartless first half, lads did excellent in the second, not pretty but brave.

I know it was wrong to McGinn, but I gave MotM to Elmo. He was great, and that pass back to Jack for the winner was brilliant.

Mings had his head up his **** tonight, so we have a CB problem in our hands for Saturday.

Ah, it was you was it......

I need an AVTV subscription. 5am start to the day just to realise you are unable to watch the match because there's no stream. Not ideal.

What is ideal though, is that we managed to miss a penalty and then come back from a goal down with 10 men to take another step in the promotion direction!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That was amazing, simply incredible. Screwed by the ref but shows absolute heart. So proud of them tonight

Exactly, that is how I feel, so proud of them! To come back from losing to win with one player less than the other team! FFS we never do that! It's the stuff that dreams are made of. I've followed hundreds of Villa games in the last 15 years on the BBC live text and I can't think of a single other time that we've achieved that feat. Sometimes when some other team has managed it, it's made me feel jealous. Well tonight it's Aston Villa!

If it had been against a bottom half League 2 team in the League Cup, well that wouldn't have been so incredible, but it wasn't, it was opposition in our own league. That was amazing.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

Remember when earlier this season our best centre-back got sent off and conceded a penalty when we were 2-0 up at home, and then we capitulated to Preston? That was under Bruce.

Today, our best centre back got sent off at 0-0 and conceded a penalty, and we end winning 2-1 away. Incredible. This is under Smith. 

• Like 1

That second half ❤️ Voted Kodija as Motm as he changed the match, though McGinn was probably our best player, stunning goal by Grealish, Elmo has been so good lately, everyone was fantastic in the second half. Weird thinking that our centre backs playing for the majority of the match and that did not concede a goal after jedinak came on, have probably played less than 90 mins combined in the last 4 months before today.

Also a shoutout to the VillaTalk posters on the match thread, saying things like "season is over" "bottlejobs", I'm happy our players don't have your mentality  Also found it hilarious that when winning our 7th match in a row, after being down 1-0 at half time and down a man, majority of the posts were still complaining about how bad Hourihane is, also that fans have given up on our topscorer Tammy, hilarious. 

No player deserves criticism for that second half, incredible work rate.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I need an AVTV subscription. 5am start to the day just to realise you are unable to watch the match because there's no stream. Not ideal.

What is ideal though, is that we managed to miss a penalty and then come back from a goal down with 10 men to take another step in the promotion direction!!

Rotherams 7 quid iFollow is also available if you want to watch the full match tomorrow or whenever it gets posted. The live stream was rock solid.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Season is over.

All joking (and mocking of the hard of thinking) aside. Another wonderful result and more proof that Smith is building something rather lovely at Villa. Something our long suffering fans can actually be proud of, even with more than a touch of well deserved and well earned reservation.

Oh and in McGinn and Grealish we genuinely have a couple of sublimely gifted (albeit for very different reasons) players that we should cherish and hope to McGrath that they don't move on any time soon. These boys are the real deal ladies and gentlemen, the absolute stone cold real deal.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

That second half ❤️ Voted Kodija as Motm as he changed the match, though McGinn was probably our best player, stunning goal by Grealish, Elmo has been so good lately, everyone was fantastic in the second half. Weird thinking that our centre backs playing for the majority of the match and that did not concede a goal after jedinak came on, have probably played less than 90 mins combined in the last 4 months before today.

Also a shoutout to the VillaTalk posters on the match thread, saying things like "season is over" "bottlejobs", I'm happy our players don't have your mentality (#Villalad21 with his positivity as per usual) Also found it hilarious that when winning our 7th match in a row, after being down 1-0 at half time and down a man, majority of the posts were still complaining about how bad Hourihane is, also that fans have given up on our topscorer Tammy, hilarious. 

No player deserves criticism for that second half, incredible work rate.  

Match thread is not to be taken too seriously, I think. It's where you react and let it all out. Well, I do at least. And I couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong in the heat of the moment. 

• Like 2

Â