Cup Final Three of Eight. Build Up.

Don_Simon

My feeling is that this is either going to be an ugly banana skin type of game. OR! we'll show up big time, get an early goal and end up totally spanking them with at least four goals.

Our current run reminds me of Gregory' when he took over from little. If my memory serves me well, we won 10 out of 12 games to qualify for a euro place (thanks to chelsea). Interestingly, the 2 games we lost in that run was to 2 teams who were eventually relegated. 2-0, 3 more points and we move on.

This game is giving me flashbacks of QPR last season. A supposedly easy game after a big win (or in this case a big run of results)

Hopefully Smith doesn't make the same mistakes Bruce did.

I'm nervous, but I don't think he will. I think we'll win this one even if it's more of a struggle than we may think.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This game is giving me flashbacks of QPR last season. A supposedly easy game after a big win (or in this case a big run of results)

Hopefully Smith doesn't make the same mistakes Bruce did.

I'm nervous, but I don't think he will. I think we'll win this one even if it's more of a struggle than we may think.

Yeah, I feel the same.

Got to make changes for this game. Players like Whelan are going to be leggy. The biggest mistake Bruce made was not changing the team after such a huge win against Wolves. There's no doubt about it, that win against Sheff Wed will have taken the stuffing out of some of our players. Rotation is key here. 

Back 5 are fine.

Hourihane for Whelan

Adomah for Green

Kodja for El-ghazi.

Will provide much needed freshness.

• Like 1

Yep, Bruce didn't make changes for QPR and we were punished by losing to a team we should have been beating comfortably. Led to a poor run of form and spoiling our top 2 chances. 

Can't make the same mistake again and you'd expect changes to be honest. Great win against Wednesday but we were second best for most of it and the team needs freshening up. 

Bring Hourihane in for Whelan and Adomah for Green. Would keep El Ghazi in as Kodjia doesn't deserve a start given how he's been playing. Tuanzebe for Hause if he's injured. Possibly Tuanzebe for Taylor if Hause fit and move Hause to left back, but harsh on Taylor to be honest. I would like to see a balanced central defence though and Tuanzebe (right footed) and Mings (left footed) would fit the bill.

I'd like to see El Ghazi saved for Saturday, so I'd Green on the left (I think he's more effective cutting in) and Adomah back on the right. 

Give Whelan a bit of a rest and go with Conor. 

2 needed changes, a bit more energy, but maintaining the spine.  If Hause can't play, play Axel. 

Green can rest Saturday if needed.  

Hope we get 2 within 20 minutes, then we can play at our pace and save the legs.  Not an easy task, but if you can't beat Rotherham, you don't deserve to go up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd like to see El Ghazi saved for Saturday, so I'd Green on the left (I think he's more effective cutting in) and Adomah back on the right. 

Give Whelan a bit of a rest and go with Conor. 

2 needed changes, a bit more energy, but maintaining the spine.  If Hause can't play, play Axel. 

Green can rest Saturday if needed.  

Hope we get 2 within 20 minutes, then we can play at our pace and save the legs.  Not an easy task, but if you can't beat Rotherham, you don't deserve to go up. 

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This is on Sky red button isn't it?

All I midweek games are I believe. 

This game is going to be all about taking chances. No doubt we will create plenty and they will create less. But unless we put the ball in the net it could be a long night. 

I remember people saying when we were first relegated that there are no easy games in the championship and me thinking that was BS. But it really is true. Rotherham beat Forest last time out so are no pushovers. 

Still, I think we will win this one. I'm hoping for a comfortable last 20 mins and a clean sheet. 3-0. 

Never thought I would utter the words this game against Rotherham is huge but it is. We need to keep the momentum going especially with what we have on Saturday. It is all about mental attitude and matching their effort and our quality will then shine through.

• Like 1