Ad issues

Ingram85

Question

5 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s happening again, topics just locked so started a new one. Same issues as before.

Same questions as always and listed at the top of the forum.

Which OS and browser? Is it happening after clearing cookies and cache? Does it happen with other browsers, devices, networks?

THe other thread was locked as the reporter said it stopped happening.

Don’t worry about it Si, it carried on for a few more hours and then seems to have stopped and been fine since. Some dodgy ads slipping through the net on occasion though and while I can’t do the tests you need I can at least alert you to the issue?

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Don’t worry about it Si, it carried on for a few more hours and then seems to have stopped and been fine since. Some dodgy ads slipping through the net on occasion though and while I can’t do the tests you need I can at least alert you to the issue?

Thanks, but there really isn't anything I can do when this happens. We use multiple advertising partners (who then resell the slots) and these rogue ads almost always target a particular device (almost always iphones) and often only on a particular network.Changing one of these things usually makes the problem go away until the ad network kills the rogue ad.

The permanent solution costs slightly more than half a pint per month. Or a cup of coffee.