• Green
    • El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (Green 65)
    • Hourihane (Grealish 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/19 at 22:59

Another win, which is what matters.. we were awesome in the the first half hour, the football was very convincing......however after our second goal we got leggy and wasteful and they seized the initiative.

That would have been a draw without Mings and whelan.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think we can all agree that Adomah should never be brought on to run down the clock again.

Was it " the mouse who ran down the clock"

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Another win. Should have been two or three up by half time but for some bad luck.

Positives.

Much of the team played well.

Great to see JPA and a very heartfelt speach.

Negatives.

Andre Green - i dont get him.

We played minutes 10 to 60 at a tempo akin to us being 4 nil up. So important was that Mings goal.

Mings MOTM, absolute unit again. 

Average for Smith, thought he could/should have changed it up more in the second half when we were struggling. 

Hanging on in the end after some of the best football I've seen at VP in the first 25 mins. 

• Like 2

Another great day (bar the last 15) at Villa Park today.Glorious weather. Stadium almost full to capacity. Pre match event and chance to shake Sir Dennis of Mortimer's hand. Brilliant first half of football. Fantastic reception for Laursen and Angel. I will admit we appeared to tire in the second half but we were far the better team and on another day would have  killed the game off in the first half. 

Whelan is just bossing the show at the moment and the Holte shouting his name  sums up his recognition. Mings is quality and we have another fire power to create chances and goals in every game.  How has this happened after the Albion game last month?! Just keep it up Villa. UTV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And we would have on several occasions has the finishing been better. Trust you to find something to worry about ;)

edit: at times we could have got the ball in quicker but i prefer this approach to the old aimless cross at any opportunity that we’ve seen for years. 

Well Green did plenty of aimless crosses - 3 times in quick succession in the 2nd half he got into a promising position - each time his cross found a Blackburn player.

The first 25 minutes was dazzling - no question - after that I found it a bit concerning how un-clinical we were in the final 3rd - the actual passing was sublime - but we needed people to gamble and shoot on half chances - we seemed to want to tap it in from 6 yards - needs work for the next game IMO. 

Great first half. Agree with Smith, some of the best stuff we have played under him. We were sloppy second half, managed to get the second goal then became more sloppy/leggy. However, our defence looks very resilient now and although they pressed last 15 mins they never really fashioned a clear cut opportunity in that time.

Whelan and Mings were top quality again. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Well Green did plenty of aimless crosses - 3 times in quick succession in the 2nd half he got into a promising position - each time his cross found a Blackburn player.

The first 25 minutes was dazzling - no question - after that I found it a bit concerning how un-clinical we were in the final 3rd - the actual passing was sublime - but we needed people to gamble and shoot on half chances - we seemed to want to tap it in from 6 yards - needs work for the next game IMO. 

Mate you sometimes have to realise we are a championship team and also respect there’s an opposition that are playing quite well. If you want perfection every week you are better off supporting Man City.

I honestly couldnt see anything to concern me too much from that game apart from shit finishing, a keeper error, and a motm performance from the opposition keeper.

• Like 3

5 consecutive wins. 3 good points, but too nervous in the end. Did the freekick touch the wall or did Steer just act very strange for their goal?

One more game and then I'll be there for two games. Good times. Can't wait. :)

• Like 1

First half I genuinely thought we played like Barcelona, we were that good. Obviously you have to put it in context, we were playing Blackburn not Real Madrid, but some of the one-touch football was beautiful. 

Second half was a bit disappointing, especially the last 20 minutes where we sat back too much and gave the ball away too often. But the win's all that matters.

Thought Steer was at fault for the goal, even if the ball did swerve you don't punch it out to an opposition player you punch it to safety. He is obviously reasonable with his feet but I do think he is a weak link for us - not sure why we spent £7m on Kalinic to not play him even when he starts for Croatia, but hey ho. Suppose he'll stick with Steer but for me, GK has to be a priority to sort out this summer, especially if we go up. 

Mings and McGinn were outstanding, Hause and Elmo did their jobs. Taylor was a bit shaky at times but did ok, Whelan was excellent again. Grealish was quiet, a shame as Southgate was there, but even when he's quiet he's still involved in most of our good play. I see Green got some stick - some of his crosses were wayward and he needs to work on his decision making and final ball. But I do think there is a quality player in there - he's only 20 years old, works hard, even when he loses the ball he tries to win it back, and he's got a lot of talent. He needs to work on making quicker decisions and not be afraid to take his man on more. Don't think we should write him off just yet, he could go on to be some player for us if he can work on his weaknesses. 

• Like 1

Thought Whelan was immense yesterday, he's key to our way of playing at the moment.

Successful Villa teams of the past always featured his kind of player, hopefully this team will follow the trend.

Decent first half, should have been home and hosed by 1/2 T though. Glad we saw it through.

Defence looks better now, really hope we can keep Mingsy, never seen a CB with skills like that! 

Have to admit that Hausey looks a  better played than I thought he was.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

First half I genuinely thought we played like Barcelona, we were that good. Obviously you have to put it in context, we were playing Blackburn not Real Madrid, but some of the one-touch football was beautiful. 

Second half was a bit disappointing, especially the last 20 minutes where we sat back too much and gave the ball away too often. But the win's all that matters.

Thought Steer was at fault for the goal, even if the ball did swerve you don't punch it out to an opposition player you punch it to safety. He is obviously reasonable with his feet but I do think he is a weak link for us - not sure why we spent £7m on Kalinic to not play him even when he starts for Croatia, but hey ho. Suppose he'll stick with Steer but for me, GK has to be a priority to sort out this summer, especially if we go up. 

Mings and McGinn were outstanding, Hause and Elmo did their jobs. Taylor was a bit shaky at times but did ok, Whelan was excellent again. Grealish was quiet, a shame as Southgate was there, but even when he's quiet he's still involved in most of our good play. I see Green got some stick - some of his crosses were wayward and he needs to work on his decision making and final ball. But I do think there is a quality player in there - he's only 20 years old, works hard, even when he loses the ball he tries to win it back, and he's got a lot of talent. He needs to work on making quicker decisions and not be afraid to take his man on more. Don't think we should write him off just yet, he could go on to be some player for us if he can work on his weaknesses. 

Much the way i saw it ,too.

On 30/03/2019 at 19:20, dounavilla said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Come on !!!!!

CreativeHalfAlligatorgar-max-1mb.gif

PertinentClearHammerheadbird-max-1mb.gif

Woooow that is simply the best most amazing break dancing ever !!! 😮Natural raw talent. What. A. Move.  This guy deserves to be spotted by the National Dance Theatre talent scouts.

And to the right, Adrian Chiles is dancing pretty well there, to be fair, the dark horse.

As for the young man at the back... whoa ! 😲 That is just an unbelievable modern day sea shanty electric move!

Edited by robby b

22 hours ago, Pelle said:

One more game and then I'll be there for two games. Good times. Can't wait. :)

Of course if the wheels fall off around that period we'll know who to blame

• Haha 2

Â