Cup Final One of Eight. Build Up.

Don_Simon

36 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

With Tuanzebe and Lansbury also fit we will have quite a few players to choose from. Getting on the bench isn't guaranteed. 

No but this has showed us he should be on the bench to keep him fit if a disaster happens

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s our capacity with upper trinity closed. Is it 37k?

edit: or is it open?

About 36k 

Yes it’s open, and there aren’t many seats left. Be close to a sell out in the home end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

Does anyone know what time the players normally arrive at the ground? 

I'm taking my daughter and she is desperate to meet Jack Grealish. 

She should just run on the pitch!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

I’ve not been round that end for a while but recall it was always about 12:45 - 13:00 ?

You know they are inside the big fencey thing now ?

I really wish we hadn't had the international break - it interferes with our rhythm and this one is absolutely vital.

I think we'll either hit the ground running, full of zip and zest and batter Blackburn 5-0 or we'll struggle to quite hit our straps and either draw or edge a really ugly one. 

Just. Win. Baby.

So I had a dream that Blackburn scored quite early. It was a weak shot from distance that went in to the bottom right hand side of the goal.  At first it looked like a keeper error but on the replay it seemed it was a miscued shot which wrong footed steer.

Im sure we went on to win 4-1 but I woke up so can’t confirm it.

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really wish we hadn't had the international break - it interferes with our rhythm and this one is absolutely vital.

I think we'll either hit the ground running, full of zip and zest and batter Blackburn 5-0 or we'll struggle to quite hit our straps and either draw or edge a really ugly one. 

Just. Win. Baby.

2 goal lead by half time. Then professionally controlling the game and seeing it out.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So I had a dream that Blackburn scored quite early. It was a weak shot from distance that went in to the bottom right hand side of the goal.  At first it looked like a keeper error but on the replay it seemed it was a miscued shot which wrong footed steer.

Im sure we went on to win 4-1 but I woke up so can’t confirm it.

Well  be grateful you did wake up to confirm it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’ve not been round that end for a while but recall it was always about 12:45 - 13:00 ?

You know they are inside the big fencey thing now ?

Yeah I have told her they are behind a fence but she doesn't care, even explained she might not meet Jack but an 8 year with her first crush doesn't care! 

Thanks for the info

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

You need to be there between 11 and 11:30. I got there just after 11:30 for the Derby game the other week because of train delays. After speaking to others that were already there I had just missed the players. I’m trying again this weekend, fingers crossed the trains are running as planned!

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just. Win. Baby.

It's for that reason, I was really glad our match back was a home one, and against a mid table side. Had it been away, against teams with more skin in the game, we'd have had more of a challenge, but then again, there's always the risk of a complacent attitude with this perceived banker. We know that nothing less than a win will do here.

Steer

Elmo   Hause   Mings   Taylor

Hourihane

McGinn         Grealish

El Ghazi    Abraham    Green

Bench:  Kalinic, Tuanzebe, Whelan, Lansbury, Adomah, Kodjia, Davis

For me we don't need to be changing the back 4, Tuanzebe needs to build his fitness up and break back into the team.

With 5 loan players in the squad unfortunately Carroll will now miss out, Lansbury can come in onto the bench.

Absolutely buzzing to see JPA and Laursen back on the Villa Park pitch tomorrow at half time. Only Juan Pablo Angel!

• Like 3