Cup Final One of Eight. Build Up.

Don_Simon

Our tickets are bought, fingers crossed its a banging atmosphere! Just hope the pressure of now being in with a shout doesn't get to the players.

Barring injuries and babies, Hourihane in for Whelan and away we go?

In Deano we trust!

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

As much as i don't rate Whelan he deserves to start next game.

Yeah, unless he needs a rest I don't think there's much chance of him being dropped. McGinn starting on the bench for the Blues game shows Smith isn't afraid to keep big players out of the team if others are in form.

Whelan played well against Boro but I do feel Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish is our best midfield. It's a tough decision to make.

Wonder whether he'll put Tuanzebe straight back in and move Hause to left back - would be harsh on Taylor who also played very well last game, but Tuanzebe alongside Mings would be very decent.

38 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Whelan played well against Boro but I do feel Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish is our best midfield. It's a tough decision to make.

Wonder whether he'll put Tuanzebe straight back in and move Hause to left back - would be harsh on Taylor who also played very well last game, but Tuanzebe alongside Mings would be very decent.

I was thinking the same thing. I think DS will look at the last three performances and not want to change the back four. The only goal conceded in those games was a cross. But it would be a huge boost to have Tuanzebe on the bench.

Hourihane coming back and Lansbury must be close to fit now? It's going to be tough to make the bench, never mind the team. 

It's all healthy competition and a nice headache to have selection wise.

I don't think Tuanzebe (as good as he is) should automatically jump back on but a place on the bench is fair enough.

The current defence have been solid of late and the shirt is theirs to lose imo.

At this early stage I say we will comfortably win this 5-0.

5-0 folks - even though the game is almost 2 weeks away.  :lol:

We all knew we had to put a massive winning run together and with each game we played and inevitably lost or drew without Gresford it was looking so unlikely.

4 games back and I cant see how we wont make this 5 in a row. The mentality and determination has been spot on in this run, we look brilliant. Hopefully everyone stays fit and its another comfortable home win.

There are about 5,500 ticket left for this one with ten more days after today until matchday. It'd be great to see a sell out. I think if we can sell the next four out at home, it'll both give the place a lift, but also say a lot about the potential size of our support.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather not think of the next 8 games as cup finals cos Villa have lost the last 4 they have been in- 2000 FA Cup Final, 2010 League Cup Final, 2015 FA Cup Final, and 2018 Play Off Final. And scored 1 goal in all of them. From a penalty. The horror. The horror.

This will be a good way to ballance it back up then!

It's definitely good having more options with almost a fully-fit squad to choose from now. Not only Tuanzebe and Lansbury but Chester should be back in contention soon surely? We just need to make sure that absolutely crucial players - i.e. Grealish, McGinn, Mings, Abraham - are wrapped up in cotton wool after each game because we will certainly need them in the run-in and if we get to the playoffs. 

I think Tuanzebe will probably be on the bench for Blackburn, but he is a real talent and being good on the ball and right-footed would be absolutely immense alongside Mings I think. Hause looks slightly uncomfortable on the right-side of a back four for me, but there's no doubting he's struck up a great partnership with Mings. 

Blackburn don't really have much to play for but no game will be easy and there are no guarantees. But we generally have a fairly decent run-in and if we keep everyone fit there's no reason we can't win the majority of our final eight games. 

I have us down to finish on 74 or possibly 75 points, it will be touch and go if we get top six but fingers crossed we do as I can see us taking the playoffs by storm.