Pre-match thread

John

7 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

We are the Fulham of last season on a roll, climbing the league and I cant see us being stopped for next 6 games

IF we keep doing what we're doing - We will all be at Wembley again this year and coming home in a better mood - 

It was a long way back from London last year 

Should have got the coach back with the rest of us 😉

Edited by 7392craig
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Boro’s away record is 4th best in the league. They’ve managed more points away than both they and we have at home. 

I’ll take a 1-0 win instead of the 3.

Typical Pulis really isn’t it? 15 men behind the ball, remove the ball if possible. Let’s just stand there for 90 minutes, dare to give it us and we’ll piledrive it into the sky. We’re going home 0-0.

• Like 2

Looks like another windy one today. Keep the ball on the deck, remain patient and we will have the beating of these. 

I’m feeling confident of another victory today, 2-0, Abraham brace. Grealish running the show and the arse of McGinn playing a pivotal role. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Typical Pulis really isn’t it? 15 men behind the ball, remove the ball if possible. Let’s just stand there for 90 minutes, dare to give it us and we’ll piledrive it into the sky. We’re going home 0-0.

Anti football. Can’t stand it. Bet the Boro fans want him gone.

10 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Confidence high,defence looking solid ,Grealish back and playing well,fans believing in Smith.

Prediction 0-1 loss

It's the villa way!

Key today will be trying to draw them out of their shape and hit them quickly before they can plug the gap. There is likely to be only one side playing football today.

It's been a long time since I bet on the Villa, but they're in my 4 leg multi tonight. I believe we're going to smash them good and proper.

Some easy picks tonight (for me) in my view.

On the Boro forum they’re mostly predicting a loss, it’s like reading VT after we’ve lost a couple. They don’t really score too many by the looks of it, and when they do they often concede too, so I can see us winning.

2-1 I think, Jack and Tammy to score 

On 14/03/2019 at 22:50, Hornso said:

He's there but he hasn't been playing for them. They've been using Ashley Fletcher and Britt Assombalonga up top. 

For any of those maniacs who trot out the "got a soft spot for Sherwood" line he paid £6m for us to play as the big man up front in The Premier League, yet he can't get into a championship team who hit the ball up to a big man as their only tactic.  Thanks Tim, just another of the decisions which led to our humiliating demise. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like it's going to be wet and windy. It'll be interesting to see how we deal with that.

I've just been outside and thought just that. 

It's REALLY windy and my thoughts turned to all those long balls over the top wobbling all over the shop and how difficult it will be to play proper football. 

It's going to be a real leveler I think. 

Be nice to see Carroll getting more minutes today. Smith has shown in the past especially at Brentford that he isn't shy about changing a winning team. We need to utilise the squad we have now over these next 8 or 9 whatever it is. Lansbury and Tuanzebe available after the break is massive too.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anti football. Can’t stand it. Bet the Boro fans want him gone.

Can only imagine so, his sole purpose should be stabilising teams and moving on. His brand of football is long dead.