Takeover Talk

villafan306

Who will be in charge of Villa at Christmas time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be in charge of Villa at Christmas time?

• Ellis
    • Ranson
    • Other

The current take over talk suggests that Ranson is a prime contender to take over Villa but will anyone else get involved? I know the takeover could take ages so that's why I have put who will be in charge at Christmas.

Personally I can't see Ellis seling his share and think he will still have a hold on the club for a few years yet.

By 'Ellis' I do of course mean the current board whether or not he is fit enough to be there with them. So I don't currently believe any takeover will be successful. Purely working on percentages here and past experience.

Other, I can't see Ellis holding up and Ranson is just a front man, he won't be in charge is the deal is done.

I totally agree (said hopefully).

Ranson, is just the "frontman".......as was Pat Mathews back in 68

Went for Other

If ranson takes over , some one will have to change their "at least we are not leeds" quote

Ranson spells trouble , lets just hope he smokes out a better bidder

I'm curious about that Tony. Why do you think Ranson spells trouble ? We know nothing about his bid yet or any plans he may have for Villa. From the noises coming from Ranson it sounds like not even he knows if he'll be bidding yet.

If you are referring to his involvement with Leeds - the only thing he did was make a fortune from an amazingly stupid and greedy club - which tells me he is a savvy businessman - which is good. He would also be well up on the pitfalls of everything Leeds did wrong. He basically gave them enough rope to hang themselves with and was not a part of the decision-making that led to their downfall. He merely profitted from it.

I can neither be for or against Ranson at the moment - although my heart wants to be 'for' him. Until I know more (until I know ANYTHING) about what he is proposing, I can not make a judgement - but from he has done in the past, he certainly seems to have his head screwed on.

Â