Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Mings is just an awesome player. Just love the pace he puts into his passes. 

We struggle a bit when they press higher up the pitch. If we had wingers on form or suited for counter attacking we would have a more effective alternative to the long ball to Abraham. 

We're quite good when we're allowed time to build an attack through our midfield trio.

Players seem so complacent whenever we lead.

Why can't we do like Man City or Liverpool and keep going winning 6-1?

There's something about the mentality in some of these players, alot of them seem to drop off a bit when we lead.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

Did that commentator just say "MON is well thought of at Aston Villa, having really turned the club around?"

Lol.

mmmmmm he sure aint half got that one wrong..

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't blame Steer for their goal at all.  He had to cover his near post or an easy low shot would have gone in. 

I was just a freak thing, a mis hit cross that floated in. 

agree. the only goalkeeer probably big enough to stop it is at the other end.

actually having said that Kalinic is nearly as tall. still, very fortunate goal and not an error.

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Players seem so complacent whenever we lead.

Why can't we do like Man City or Liverpool and keep going winning 6-1?

There's something about the mentality in some of these players, alot of them seem to drop off a bit when we lead.

Or it could be that we're facing a good side who are above us in the table, who are at home and looking to get back into the game?

We aren't Man City or Liverpool and we're not playing the Huddersfields or Fulhams of this league. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

So far at least 2 red cards for Forrest,  it should gave been, plus a pen to us.

What penalty? For Tammy running in to their defender then hurling himself to the ground?

Tommy needs to do more for me in holding up the ball better and then laying it off to either McGinn or Grealish. Consequently second part of the first half Forrest started to win more of the second ball.

Agree with the poster above questioning the attitude of the players when going ahead. Foot taken off the gas too many times and not clinical enough to go for the throat.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

First half.

Mcginn - great

Grealish - quiet

Hause - scares me at centre back

Mings - great

green - impressive

Abraham - rubbish 

Abraham comment 🤔

Just now, Keyblade said:

Or it could be that we're facing a good side who are above us in the table, who are at home and looking to get back into the game?

We aren't Man City or Liverpool and we're not playing the Huddersfields or Fulhams of this league. 

They are missing key players, we play our near best eleven.

The first 25 minutes showed what our players are capable of, but they suddenly seem to switch off. I swear alot of them have a loser mentality.