• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (El Ghazi 64)
    • Kodjia (Abraham 72)
    • Whelan (Grealish 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/03/19 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Great performance. Need to win all our games up to the final two to have half a chance of scraping sixth. But nice that we can talk about it as a very outside chance again!

Lolley is great - would have him at Villa if/when McGinn goes. 

You know what's better than 1 Mcginn? 2 McGinns!

Why not just sign him anyway!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

great win. Boro losing means we're 4 points off 5th with them visiting us on Saturday.  There are two spots in that top 6 up for grabs.

Well done Dean Smith and team.

Sixth is as good as third in the play off lottery. 👍

• Like 4

Really good win. Didn't actually think we were great tonight, thought Grealish and Tammy especially had poor games but yet again Hause and Mings mopped everything up. McGinn was absolutely outstanding, gutted he didn't get the hattrick at the end. 

Not a great performance but a great win. I think their only shot on target was their goal which was pretty lucky. Yet again we showed good character to come back. Mcginn is awesome, our best player by far tonight, I actually thought Taylor had a good 1st half and Elmo a solid game, maybe we’ve been to hard on him he’s better than Hutton clearly. Was nice to get a decent ref, pretty sure that Mike Dean was sent by the FA to keep things quiteqfter the jack incident on Sunday and probably a bit of protection for a change, we were pretty lucky their goal was disallowed as it looked harsh and it would of turned the game in their favour, but we are over due a bit of luck. A massive game on Saturday but it’s starting to look better and like it’s in our own hands. Not enjoying our diving and falling over holding our faces all the time, Tammy does it at least twice a game, El Gazzi, Jack and Mcginn guilty too. Hourihane just throws his hands in the air all the time. Anyway not to moan too much! A great win overall. 

• Like 1

Professional, controlled performance, some questionable tactics by Forest with diving players and a few who confuse football with Rugby.  Pleased for Hause, nearly delivered a costly error but overall did well and great goal.  As for McGinn, he's like a man possessed at the moment and we're all the better for it.

Still much prefer having two units at CB, gives so much more confidence.  Taylor and Elmo were both mostly respectable too - the Forest goal was pure fluke and overall Steer is earning his place even if he doesn't have a massive amount of work to do - I like his physical presence and area management, he's got guts.

Jack seemed a bit quite but was still hacked a few times and had to endure Gomes with his awful moaning mind games down his ear. His maturity continues to shine through each game.

The play-offs now seem within reach but that applies to several other teams too, we can finally enjoy games again and have something to play for.  Best of all, that irritating little Northern Irishman who used to manage us before trying to end us was unhappy, that was pleasing to see and we didn't have to use any cabbages to get our message across either!

Edited by Darth Villa
typo
  • Like 2

Classic away performance against a side up there in the league. Even more impressive given that goal after 2 minutes.

everyone involved including the fans at the game should walk away with a smile at a job well done x2 for the game against the scum too. Especially with all that’s gone on this week too. 

UTV 😎😎

• Like 1

We didn’t keep the ball well today but was still quite comfortable. They are nothing without Grabban kind of like how much we suffer without Grealish. 

We look so solid and organised it’s hard to believe. There goal was a keeper error but I thought he played really well after that. Some good punches.

Carry on like this and playoffs could soon be in our hands. Incredible.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

and 100% of MOTM votes for mcginn...has it ever happened where one player gets every vote? there's always one that votes for someone obscure...

That will be me then voting mings, faultless performance and the rock we are building our foundation on.

McGinn got 2 goals and was busy but it was the solid defence that was the difference for me.

Fantastic result with every other game going how my dream prediction went.

Gutted I didn't bet on it but 9 more wins will see us into the play offs 💪

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Best of all, that irritating little Northern Irishman who used to manage us before trying to end us was unhappy, that was pleasing to see

I think some people genuinely feel MON is the main reason the club has disintegrated since his departure ... A good 8 years later! It destabilised us for 1 season and no more.

Anyway great win! 

• Like 2

Great night. 

Its all on now.

Gave MOTM to Howitzer, I knew McGinn would walk it but I thought h3 deserved a shout out.

Love the fact that in the second Half we actually did the sort of things we always seem to watch other teams do, made the game difficult, then upped the pressing game and got the killer blow. 

Kudos to Smith we’ve played three different ways the last three games and done it to perfection.

• Like 1

Â