Jump to content

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

There isn't a single fixture in the league where a 3rd kit is required.

West Ham's shirt has the entire top half in sky blue this season. I imagine we'll wear it against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2019 at 06:48, avfc1982am said:

What you on about? The wonky badge on the shorts by any chance? 

People on Twitter have been complaining of this sort of issue

EBZluBGXkAIIzjw.jpg

 

I was 100% going to buy the away kit but the quality control on these has been so bad I don't think i'll bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like a blind child with no hands has tried to trace a Villa badge. Christ that's awful. **** me can we sack this deal off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sne said:

I think it's awful in every single way, and yeah the badge is pretty much up om your shoulder from the looks of it.

One of the worst Villa kits I can remember in recent times on the top of my head.

The purple and white squared Macron one was also ghastly.

 

That's your problem, you're meant to put your head through the hole and pull it down over your body.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Third shirt could have been nice if it were all green and didn't have the black sleeves. What a terrible combination. Don't think I'll be buying a kit this year unless there's a massive sale. I like the away kit, but until they sort out QA I'm not touching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wilko154 said:

There isn't a single fixture in the league where a 3rd kit is required.

Sheffield utd, maybe Southampton, I would expect there will be some away game on TV that we pick to wear that shirt, im sure we launched the 3rd kit last year based around a live game that we wore it

the go to guru Nuremberg will tell me they don't base it on black and white TVs anymore but theres still a clash with teams in red and white stripes

in reality I think the 3rd kit is just an "out there" kit, they probably produce fewer of them but its done in the hope that someone who thinks the home and away kits are boring (me!) will think the 3rd offers something different and will buy it (im not - I think its shit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sheffield utd, maybe Southampton, I would expect there will be some away game on TV that we pick to wear that shirt, im sure we launched the 3rd kit last year based around a live game that we wore it

the go to guru Nuremberg will tell me they don't base it on black and white TVs anymore but theres still a clash with teams in red and white stripes

in reality I think the 3rd kit is just an "out there" kit, they probably produce fewer of them but its done in the hope that someone who thinks the home and away kits are boring (me!) will think the 3rd offers something different and will buy it (im not - I think its shit)

Missed their target market with you then haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I like the away kit, but until they sort out QA I'm not touching it.

Maybe NurembergVillan can correct me but I think there's usually one big production run for jerseys for the season and then that's it. So fanatics (?) would have manufactured X thousand jerseys in one big batch and this is designed to last for the season. So it could be hit and miss on quality all season as there may not be a second production run. 

Edited by villa89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Missed their target market with you then haha!

yeah but I think they've got an expanded training range too which does tick a box for me, kappa have put a lot out there hoping everyone buys something which I don't think is a bad approach, Luke increased the training range mid way through the season (guessing the fluorescent blue stuff wasn't popular)

between the 3 kits and the 3 training tops id be surprised if someone didn't like anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

yeah but I think they've got an expanded training range too which does tick a box for me, kappa have put a lot out there hoping everyone buys something which I don't think is a bad approach, Luke increased the training range mid way through the season (guessing the fluorescent blue stuff wasn't popular)

between the 3 kits and the 3 training tops id be surprised if someone didn't like anything

It's just the quality control fans are now worried about and rightfully so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a good few people at VP last night with both the home and away shirts, but those puffy shoulders are awful... is that just poor attention to detail or is it intentional? Either way, won’t be buying a kappa shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2019 at 14:31, Stevo985 said:

I think if the green part was plain, or just pin striped by the black it would look quite smart. 

I get what the pattern is meant to be, but it doesn't work imo.

I do appreciate the effort to give a few nods to our history. Just not sure it's been executed particularly well there.

It has a kind of Aztec/Mesoamerican feel to it I quite like.  I certainly prefer it to that revolting Asics shirt

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I saw a fair few fakes last night in the holte. Some really bright blue arms. Brighter than the ones in the shops and those around them. Any one know or seen fakes on offer anywhere??? I haven't seen or heard of any - but the colour difference in the two near each other was obvious. Night and day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2019 at 12:05, Killeen30 said:

Can't say I believe that now.  Just stinks of a PR good feel exercise!

I believe it but it’s nothing to do with kits. It’s because of what league we are in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Saw a good few people at VP last night with both the home and away shirts, but those puffy shoulders are awful... is that just poor attention to detail or is it intentional? Either way, won’t be buying a kappa shirt. 

Yeah the shoulders ruin it completely. The away shirt couldhave been a classic, but they just fudged it for me with the shoulders and sleeves.  

The deal can't continue into next season surely? The club most have some kind of contact with the fans 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I believe it but it’s nothing to do with kits. It’s because of what league we are in. 

Weren’t we told that last season shirts were the biggest selling ever? We were in the Championship then. Of course they were beautiful kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Villa debuted their 3rd shirt in a cup match last season. Maybe they do the same thing this year and wear it on Tuesday? Doubt the club would release it on a weekend, so that would leave a Monday or Tuesday morning release. We’re starting to run out of days in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait for the 3rd kit. 

Also, the yellow pre match top looked wonderful in the club shop last night...real throw back to the old mita copiers yellow top from the early 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

I thought I saw a fair few fakes last night in the holte. Some really bright blue arms. Brighter than the ones in the shops and those around them. Any one know or seen fakes on offer anywhere??? I haven't seen or heard of any - but the colour difference in the two near each other was obvious. Night and day. 

There are some on eBay. Very cheap compared to the official prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think it's mad how much football shirts are. Fifty odd quid? That's half my clothes budget for a year. I ain't paying that to have some crappy Chinese gambling company plastered all over me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â