Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

I cant believe that we have now been in lockdown for many weeks, with plenty of unplanned time on our hands to kill and for some reason we dont have various kit designs floating around for next season...

Usually before April, we have already had lots of discussion around blue arms or not, yellow away kit or not, and the annual mention of Cadbury sponsoring the shirt...

So far nothing - Shame on us.

I need my usual diet of new kits and fancy designs to drool over please by you clever graphic designers, and a hintof a plan from Nuremburg that he knows of from his old pals thats wets our appetite for more :) 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If games are put on in June/July will we use the same kit or will we have a new jersey released for next season. I assume these things are already designed by this stage of season

It’s an interesting thought, our kit is usually one of the last to be announced and last year the kit ran until to end of June... so it’s possible that we could see all our games played in the Kappa kit, but probably not likely. Other teams though sometimes announce in May so they will be playing one week in the old kit and the next fixture in the new one... that’ll be weird. 

Edited by alreadyexists

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The excuse for it being late is because we change manufacturer / sponsor seemingly every summer

With it being kappa and W whatever they're called next year then ours should be ready to go already 

Aren't we changing sponsor again?  I vaguely remember reading about it a few months ago.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Aren't we changing sponsor again?  I vaguely remember reading about it a few months ago.

Betting company SportPesa according to rumors.

3 hours ago, scarboro_villan said:

We should be a club of 2 colours.. claret & sky blue. 

White shorts are an embarrassment.. like West Ham. 

I'm only talking about our home kit. Away kit can be anything that looks good and doesn't clash. 

Lots of people on here hate it when we don't play in white shorts with our home strip. Also West Ham copied our colours, due to receiving our jerseys as a transfer fee, that's why they are traditionally the same. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52368010

A six-year-old boy in Italy is celebrating after his football shirt design was adopted by the professional team Pescara.

Luigi D'Agostino beat other children in a competition, run by the club for young fans, aimed at easing the boredom of being stuck indoors during the country's coronavirus lockdown.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scarboro_villan said:

Perhaps we should run a competition like this for our club's badge.. I don't like the Randy one. 

spacer.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52368010 

I saw this too, I actually prefer the child’s drawing to the finished kit; the Dolphin is less cutesy, the rainbow tapers more dramatically which is better, and waves are less prominent. It is a mad shirt though, they’ll sell thousands because of the publicity too.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 05:45, scarboro_villan said:

We should be a club of 2 colours.. claret & sky blue. 

White shorts are an embarrassment.. like West Ham. 

I'm only talking about our home kit. Away kit can be anything that looks good and doesn't clash. 

Embarrassment???

Yeah an old fart like myself was very embarrassed as they won the League in 1981 wearing white home shorts and that I think the majority of our history has been with white shorts. 

Pure Villa to myself who started supporting Villa in the 1970s is Claret Body, Blue Arms and white Shorts. 

To me the love in for the Luke kit last season was embarrassing as it wasn't a Villa kit and I didnt like the Original Le Coq kit it copied from the 80s.

• Thanks 1

On 20/04/2020 at 18:53, Zatman said:

If games are put on in June/July will we use the same kit or will we have a new jersey released for next season. I assume these things are already designed by this stage of season

I would think that the shirt/sponsor deals were made for the whole season, whenever that might finish. Unless the new shirt sponsor and shirt manufacturer, made some financial adjustment as recompense, I would guess that if we do play, it will be in the same shirts we had been wearing before the stoppage.    

Â