Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...

Bought my daughter the 19/20 kids official shirt for Christmas (she is 7 y.o.) £68 incl delivery. It arrived today and it is shocking value, I feel properly ripped off. I know I have the choice but it will be the last time. If it was half the price I would probably buy my younger boys the kit too, but at that price it’s pulling your trousers down big time.  Very sad but charging that level for children has lost my business for years to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2019 at 21:44, thunderball said:

Bought my daughter the 19/20 kids official shirt for Christmas (she is 7 y.o.) £68 incl delivery. It arrived today and it is shocking value, I feel properly ripped off. I know I have the choice but it will be the last time. If it was half the price I would probably buy my younger boys the kit too, but at that price it’s pulling your trousers down big time.  Very sad but charging that level for children has lost my business for years to come.

Total digression, but remember my first Villa shirt was the Müller one. Had to buy it in Bergen and lets just say the selection of Villa shirts never have been the best in Norway. Was 10 years old or something and about 2 feet tall, ended up with a XL size shirt, and to this day the shirt is still too big for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2019 at 20:44, thunderball said:

Bought my daughter the 19/20 kids official shirt for Christmas (she is 7 y.o.) £68 incl delivery. It arrived today and it is shocking value, I feel properly ripped off. I know I have the choice but it will be the last time. If it was half the price I would probably buy my younger boys the kit too, but at that price it’s pulling your trousers down big time.  Very sad but charging that level for children has lost my business for years to come.

Was that just the shirt only?  That is shocking value mate and for £68, it ought to be the full kit for a 7 year old.  My lad is also 7 and thankfully he hasn’t asked for it this year.

No doubt the club would say the cost of kits is comparable to every other Premier League club, if not cheaper probably.  Doesn’t make it right though and wish they were more affordable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2019 at 21:44, thunderball said:

Bought my daughter the 19/20 kids official shirt for Christmas (she is 7 y.o.) £68 incl delivery. It arrived today and it is shocking value, I feel properly ripped off. I know I have the choice but it will be the last time. If it was half the price I would probably buy my younger boys the kit too, but at that price it’s pulling your trousers down big time.  Very sad but charging that level for children has lost my business for years to come.

its a shitter but I think that's comparatively low compared to what other teams are charging, its getting out of hand, the price for the clubs chasing the £500m shirt manufacturer deals is being passed on to us

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Was that just the shirt only?  That is shocking value mate and for £68, it ought to be the full kit for a 7 year old.  My lad is also 7 and thankfully he hasn’t asked for it this year.

No doubt the club would say the cost of kits is comparable to every other Premier League club, if not cheaper probably.  Doesn’t make it right though and wish they were more affordable. 

Yes, shirt only.

I could get an adult away kit with PL badge and GREALISH 10 for £55 elsewhere. It’s clearly aimed at kids and Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Another nice training top that they'll never have any stock of

I make that the navy blue, the claret, the green, the white, the yellow, the pride and now the 2 retro ones not sure if there is a black one too

Out of those 9 I can get 4 of them in large, including the 2 new ones that in a week will be sold out 

 

Edited by villa4europe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Another nice training top that they'll never have any stock of

I make that the navy blue, the claret, the green, the white, the yellow, the pride and now the 2 retro ones not sure if there is a black one too

Out of those 9 I can get 4 of them in large, including the 2 new ones that in a week will be sold out 

 

I think that's the point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the recent training pics nearly every badge on the training gear is half peeled away. Not a great advertisement for the quality.

Edited by jim
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't buy this season's kit, not because I don't like it, in its style or colours, it's just that I don't want to be a Kappa wearing Hoe..

Sometimes it's all down to just that little logo name and it's crazy how that works but really can't stand kappa. Then there's all the talk about I'm the quality of the shirt compared to Luke's shirts. Then they are more tight fit which is then when you have to go sizes up on what I am that makes you look way bigger than what you actually are.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The next Fans Consultancy Group meeting will be focused on kit and will have representatives from both Kappa and Fanatics present - if there's anything you'd like raised, please let us know in the Consultancy Group thread.

 

As mentioned above, the quality of the print is pretty bad. Dean Smith is being interviewed and all you see is cracked logos and peeling badges. It looks awful.

I also wear some of the training gear once a week and it started cracking and peeling after a couple of washes.

Fair to say there have been plenty of size and stock issues too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2020 at 11:27, OutByEaster? said:

The next Fans Consultancy Group meeting will be focused on kit and will have representatives from both Kappa and Fanatics present - if there's anything you'd like raised, please let us know in the Consultancy Group thread.

 

My personal opinion of kappa is they’ve gone scattergun, lots of designs hoping that at least one of them appeal to someone, as a result heave kept the stock low rather than risk lots of back stock, the problem being what they’ve produced is actually pretty good and in demand

id like to know if at the end of the season they’d flush out a lot of the training gear from this year at reduced prices, they’ve got about 8 or 9 training T-shirt’s just rerelease them at a slightly better price (£10 off) and they will fly

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I think after last nights miscarraige of justice, kappa shirts should be sacked with immeadiate effect.

having the sleeves a different colour is giving a competitive advantage to the opposition when it comes to handballs.

we need an inovative shirt manufacturer who can design a kit which appears invisible to the cretins in stockdale park. the ball will just assume an indecipherable shape with the jersey when veiwed on CCTV

inspiration can be taken from the car maker bmw's vanta black paint and the fashion label vexed generation.

If you have crap players you need to take extrA measures to compete in the unforgiving world of premier league football.

Im suprised none of the players are wearing green football boots to protect against any close call offsides

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I think after last nights miscarraige of justice, kappa shirts should be sacked with immeadiate effect.

having the sleeves a different colour is giving a competitive advantage to the opposition when it comes to handballs.

we need an inovative shirt manufacturer who can design a kit which appears invisible to the cretins in stockdale park. the ball will just assume an indecipherable shape with the jersey when veiwed on CCTV

inspiration can be taken from the car maker bmw's vanta black paint and the fashion label vexed generation.

If you have crap players you need to take extrA measures to compete in the unforgiving world of premier league football.

Im suprised none of the players are wearing green football boots to protect against any close call offsides

 

Some valid points there young man! Any competitive advantage is one that our football club should be looking to exploit.  Great out the box thinking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Any wizards out there able to assist me? 

Had someone mock me up some concept kits to put into the game. He’s done them, but only like a preview, see below. Can anyone get the kits into a format where I can get them into the game please?! They chap has stopped responding to me...!

3-F7-D64-F5-9784-47-D8-B1-EA-3-D3-A91953
 

Posted this in the Football Manager thread. Anyone on here able to help me? Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â