Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

2 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Sorry my wording, I know they are seperate companies but fanatics do the production and supply of the kits, while Kappa and Luke were brought in for the design of the kit.

So two different designers but exactly the same manufacturer of the kit.  Meaning the same supply and quality issues whether Kappa or Luke

Not sure I follow - how do you know that Kappa and Fanatics, use the same manufacturer ? 

2 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Sorry my wording, I know they are seperate companies but fanatics do the production and supply of the kits, while Kappa and Luke were brought in for the design of the kit.

So two different designers but exactly the same manufacturer of the kit.  Meaning the same supply and quality issues whether Kappa or Luke

Paging @NurembergVillan

@MNVillan hope this helps you out...

This article from April 2018 - http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/aston-villa-kit-supplier-innovative-deal-fanatics-luke-1977

Aston Villa sign innovative kit deal with Fanatics and Luke 1977

Second-tier English soccer side Aston Villa have announced a ‘ground-breaking’ technical sponsorship deal with global apparel and merchandise giant Fanatics and local premium menswear brand Luke 1977.

The three-way partnership will see Fanatics manufacture the Championship team’s kits for the 2018/19 season, with Luke 1977 set to play a key role in the design element of the uniforms, while the company’s logo will also be visible on the shirt.

The agreement sees Villa expand their relationship with Fanatics, which already manages the club’s official store at their Villa Park home.

Fanatics is renowned for its partnerships with North America’s major sports leagues, including the National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), Major League Baseball (MLB) and National Hockey League (NHL).

The deal makes Villa the first English club to adopt the North American manufacturing model whereby Fanatics will manage the new kit from production to point-of-sale. 

and then this from May 2019 concerning Kappa - http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/aston-villa-kappa-kit-fanatics

Aston Villa sign three-year Kappa kit deal

Fanatics to continue its third-party involvement.

The three-way partnership will see Fanatics manufacture Villa’s kits, with Kappa set to play a key role in the design stage, while the Italian company’s logo will also be visible on the shirt.

The deal continues the North American manufacturing model adopted by Villa last year, whereby Fanatics manages the new kit from production to point-of-sale.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Did we ?  - I thought we had multiple kits over the seasons - but its wrong to say it was exclusively white in the 1970's  

It was yellow going into the 70's (69-74) but after that it was white until the Henson yellow mita kit with the v-neck that came down to your belly button in 85

Edited by LakotaDakota

Cheers for the answers.

Found it strange that Kappa would allow fanatics to continue to manufacturer the kit as in the initial report (as listed above)

Also people should note who actually designed the kit, it wasn't Luke or Kappa.  

I wonder if Kappa will get more involved in the design of the next batch of kits?

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Think I covered this a few pages back, but my understanding is this -

Luke kit = designed by Fanatics, approved by AVFC, approved and "sponsored" by Luke, manufactured by Fanatics.

Kappa kit = designed by Fanatics, approved by AVFC, approved, "sponsored" and manufactured by Kappa who wanted their seasonal templates and factories.

So Fanatics designed both kits, but when Kappa got involved this year the designs in principal were signed off by the club but Kappa wanted their own templates so took, for example, the green colour with graphics, red badge etc and applied it to their shirt design for the season.  They then ran it through their own factories.

I know the folks who handled some of the manufacturing for Fanatics/Luke and know that they were taken off it when Kappa got involved.

So as expected it's KAPPA that is responsible for this shambles 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The sooner we get out of the Fanatics deal and into a "normal" position where a regular manufacturer can make a deal to design and manufacture our kits the better in my opinion. For me Fanatics have been an utter failure from day one - the deal doesn't work - and for outside companies, having to enter into partnership with them means that the product, the ownership of Villa's kit, is devalued when people are looking to approach us.

Kappas manufacture may well be crap - but better companies than Kappa wouldn't want to have to partner with Fanatics - they'd want their own controls.

Selling off our store and kit merchandising lock, stock and barrel to Fanatics has also prevented us from linking supporter initiatives to our own merchandise - they're the reason why season ticket holders can't get kit discounts, they're the reason why you can't link reward points to kits - Aston Villa don't own that stuff, Fanatics do - and you're not a season ticket holder for or a member of Fanatics.

Luke Organ made a deal that was designed to bring in money quickly - it was much needed at the time, we were skint and needed to find a way to sell off what we could to survive - I don't blame him for making that deal, it wasn't bad for the club we were then. In my opinion, it's horrendous for the club we are now.

Does anyone know when it ends?

My understanding is that it's a 3 year deal, so we'll have another season of Fanatics/Kappa, then one more of just Kappa.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

My understanding is that it's a 3 year deal, so we'll have another season of Fanatics/Kappa, then one more of just Kappa.

From an outsider who knows feck all about this kinda stuff, who just thinks the shirts are shite... are there any ways for us to buy us out of this deal? How much money are we talking? 

On 01/11/2019 at 16:20, OutByEaster? said:

The sooner we get out of the Fanatics deal and into a "normal" position where a regular manufacturer can make a deal to design and manufacture our kits the better in my opinion. For me Fanatics have been an utter failure from day one - the deal doesn't work - and for outside companies, having to enter into partnership with them means that the product, the ownership of Villa's kit, is devalued when people are looking to approach us.

Kappas manufacture may well be crap - but better companies than Kappa wouldn't want to have to partner with Fanatics - they'd want their own controls.

Selling off our store and kit merchandising lock, stock and barrel to Fanatics has also prevented us from linking supporter initiatives to our own merchandise - they're the reason why season ticket holders can't get kit discounts, they're the reason why you can't link reward points to kits - Aston Villa don't own that stuff, Fanatics do - and you're not a season ticket holder for or a member of Fanatics.

Luke Organ made a deal that was designed to bring in money quickly - it was much needed at the time, we were skint and needed to find a way to sell off what we could to survive - I don't blame him for making that deal, it wasn't bad for the club we were then. In my opinion, it's horrendous for the club we are now.

Does anyone know when it ends?

Looking at the merchandising offering in general, things are just not like they used to be.  I remember the excitement as a kid of looking though the merchandise catalogue.  I always loved seeing the different framed prints you could buy.  These days, you cannot even buy a binder for the programme!

Â