Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

On 26/10/2019 at 13:46, hippo said:

We don't need a 3rd kit. And even if we do it shouldn't look like something out of a marvel movie !

We don't, but unfortunately people at the top want get a few more quid out of us, every team has a somewhat bizarre third kid nowadays badged under a nod to past colours etc 

Our first deal with Nike we got a black 3rd kit with claret shorts, looked really smart, never wore it on the pitch though

It was a man utd away shirt from 4 seasons before, Nike stuck our crest on it and charged 50 quid

Edited by Jimzk5

semi off topic but just saw an interview with Jack Grealish and he was asked why he wore such small socks. He said that one of the years that Macron supplied the kit the socks kept shrinking in the wash and he kept wearing them regardless, had a cracking season and then decided to keep wearing small socks therefafter. 

shows that even the player issued stuff was kinda crappy back then

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t mind the third kit. It’s something different. If I can lose 2 stone before the season ends I might buy it.

They probably only made 5 of them so might be tricky to find one.

I've always loved the 94 away kit just because of the memories, it's a lovable monstrosity and I have actually come round to the design of the new 3rd kit, my issues with the kits this season are all manufacturer issues with the design, cut, panelling, shoulders, QC issues, wonky badges and lastly that they are so bloody hard to get hold of in a size that fits a normal person.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly think the 3rd kit is the best of the lot. 

I think that too.

3rd kit is supposed to be a bit crazy, and it looked very good against Man City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I think that too.

3rd kit is supposed to be a bit crazy, and it looked very good against Man City. 

don't agree with the 1st bit but the 2nd is nail on the head, I wanted macron to give a 3rd kit like the camo ones they were doing for Napoli, its supposed to be out there as an alternative

it is however also something that Luke did better last season

On 25/10/2019 at 20:54, Demitri_C said:

This could have been really nice. That bloody crap red ruins it ffs villa

20191025_205326.jpg

I quite like that, a lot more so than the actual third shirt. However, those droplets look like acid rain! 

Edited by Villarocker

On 26/10/2019 at 14:17, hippo said:

Wasn't a problem in the 1970s 

Cause we wore a white away strip back then.

and While I am here I hated the black, red, green kit back then and dislike this seasons as a Villa Kit now.

Just now, NIVillan said:

Cause we wore a white away strip back then.

and While I am here I hated the black, red, green kit back then and dislike this seasons as a Villa Kit now.

Did we ?  - I thought we had multiple kits over the seasons - but its wrong to say it was exclusively white in the 1970's  

Need something clearing up.

People are whinging about this seasons Kappa Kits (I dont think they look too bad and my two boys kits have no QC issues with badges etc) and saying that we should return to Luke (I personally didnt like the Luke Kits).

Isnt the kits produced/made by the same people - Fanatics and Kappa and Luke were basically fronts for the design.

So it didnt matter if it was Luke or Kapp this year we would have the same issues with Quality and quantity/supply.

Anyone have an idea about this?

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Did we ?  - I thought we had multiple kits over the seasons - but its wrong to say it was exclusively white in the 1970's  

Early Seventies we did have a Yellow Kit with Dark Blue trim but that was early seventies when we were Div 2/Div 3 and not sure off top of head if that was just for one season.  From around 74 onwards (after promotion in 75 we would have played West Ham in Div 1) we had the Classic Umbro kit that had a White away strip.  We kept that basic design until 1981 when we changed to Le Coq Sportif (Still a white away Strip).

A Friend was at the game (well this is the story he tld) they first wore the Yellow strip in a preseason friendly.  Villa ran out and teh fans booed them as they didnt realise it was the Villa!  Could be just an urban myth mind.

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Need something clearing up.

People are whinging about this seasons Kappa Kits (I dont think they look too bad and my two boys kits have no QC issues with badges etc) and saying that we should return to Luke (I personally didnt like the Luke Kits).

Isnt the kits produced/made by the same people - Fanatics and Kappa and Luke were basically fronts for the design.

So it didnt matter if it was Luke or Kapp this year we would have the same issues with Quality and quantity/supply.

Anyone have an idea about this?

incorrect - Fantatics and Kappa are separate companies 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

incorrect - Fantatics and Kappa are separate companies 

Sorry my wording, I know they are seperate companies but fanatics do the production and supply of the kits, while Kappa and Luke were brought in for the design of the kit.

So two different designers but exactly the same manufacturer of the kit.  Meaning the same supply and quality issues whether Kappa or Luke

• Like 1

Â