Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, John said:

I would think that the shirt/sponsor deals were made for the whole season, whenever that might finish. Unless the new shirt sponsor and shirt manufacturer, made some financial adjustment as recompense, I would guess that if we do play, it will be in the same shirts we had been wearing before the stoppage.    

It's an interesting one - it looks like it works the other way - you pay for the season but your contract ends on 1st July.

In the Liverpool case where New Balance and Nike had already been to court about who would be allowed to sponsor them next season, Nike have made a gentleman's agreement to allow Liverpool to continue to wear the New Balance kit for the remainder of this season whenever it ends. It's not a contractual obligation and Nike could have contested that - they've done it to avoid more litigation and because they can afford to be magnanimous having won the initial court case.

In general, if you've got a contract, the teams wear your kit - and the contract almost all start on 1st July.

I think there will be clubs playing with different sponsors on their shirts after 1st July and I think there will be lawyers everywhere.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I already have the navy training t-shirt in large, love the design of the training tshirts, the large is tight, I wouldn't wear it in January 

Ordered the yellow training jumper from fanatics because they have more stock than the official site and it was on sale, went XL thinking I'd wear something underneath it... I've got about 5 stones worth of growth before I come close to it fitting, it's a ridiculous increase, no where near fits me

I should have known better with kappa after the hassle of getting the navy one, I'm more pissed off with them, I really like the training range but it's never available (has the white training top ever actually gone on sale?) and the sizes / fit are wank 

• 3 weeks later...

So do you think we will carry on playing in the current Kappa kit, with W88 sponsor but then still announce a new kit before all the games are played? Or would we wait until all games are played of this season and then announce the next one? Or a third option where we start using the new kit on 1st July regardless? 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

So do you think we will carry on playing in the current Kappa kit, with W88 sponsor but then still announce a new kit before all the games are played? Or would we wait until all games are played of this season and then announce the next one? Or a third option where we start using the new kit on 1st July regardless? 

We will probably be unable to wear the current kit and the new kit wont be ready til August as usual so the players have to play in their underpants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

You joke mate, but the official store have these in stock:

image.jpeg.6e949d12d81994e35e0839be3f26cf0b.jpeg

Having something in stock is a good start for the Villa, it's rare.  Then my face is probably too fat or round for one, the adult size is probably only made for an equivalent of a 10 year old child's size face. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We will probably be unable to wear the current kit and the new kit wont be ready til August as usual so the players have to play in their underpants.

Ha ha. Underpants and school shoes, as was customary back at primary school. 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

We will stick to the underwhelming shirt until the season ends. And then after a long wait which will be more than most sides,  a entirely new claret and blue shirt will be unveiled with a different betting company vomiting all over it. And it will be charged at £55 for middle aged blokes to squeeze into.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2020 at 17:27, The Fun Factory said:

And it will be charged at £55 for middle aged blokes to squeeze into.

Or £90 for the elite fit.

I've just bought a hoody off the avfc store, reduced to £30, plain black with a silver Crest and kappa logo, the first bit of villa stuff I've bought since the second macrom kit 8 years ago.

Bit miffed about £5 for delivery mind, especially as it's only royal mail (at most would cost £3 for me to send a parcel like this) and it will take 7 days to arrive

Just now, villa4europe said:

Quality is ok

Fit is horrific, properly **** horrific

Surprised they don't just outright call it vacuum packed fit 

That's why I ordered a size up, as Kappa are apparently notorious for this. From looking at the players wearing it, the sleeves look way too long for no reason whatsoever. The whole kit looks uncomfortable to wear.

• Like 1

I bought this seasons shirt early on, wore it once then sold it before the rona lock down for not much of a loss. Utter sh*te, everything about it sucked. The sooner we bin krappa off the better.

Got myself a proper shirt, a 1997 AST computers home v neck instead, I could frame this beauty.

Â