Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Perhaps it is the physique rather than the fit that is the problem.

I'd be cool with this if other athletic fit shirts didn't fit me just fine. It's something about them, in particular the arms.

Other people seem to like them so who cares. 

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Luke didn't manufacture the kits. They're manufactured by Fanatics. They might well be manufactured by Fanatics next season too, regardless of the badge.

I'm sure it's not a manufacturing issue. 

I agree with @dont_do_it_doug., at least tentatively. All of the football shirts I own are size L. Recently bought an L in the away shirt and as mentioned, it's weirdly tight around the chest and the sleeves are a little long. I compared it with my 09/10 away shirt that just fits beautifully. Now, I say tentatively because it could just be a sizing difference and so I have an XL home shirt on the way so I will compare. I have a sneaking suspicion that the XL would be too big and it's just the fit of the shirts that are off. Which is a shame because they're gorgeous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I agree with @dont_do_it_doug., at least tentatively. All of the football shirts I own are size L. Recently bought an L in the away shirt and as mentioned, it's weirdly tight around the chest and the sleeves are a little long. I compared it with my 09/10 away shirt that just fits beautifully. Now, I say tentatively because it could just be a sizing difference and so I have an XL home shirt on the way so I will compare. I have a sneaking suspicion that the XL would be too big and it's just the fit of the shirts that are off. Which is a shame because they're gorgeous.

Or someone had a good Christmas...

• Haha 1

My Luke1977 shirt fits pretty well, and it’s my fave for years. Probably since the Nike one with the round collar (09/10?). I got a medium and it fits fine. I’m tall and it’s just about long enough so all good.

Didn’t like any of the macron ones, the under armour were fine looking (but the colours were way off) so I think the Luke ones the best for a long while. 

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Or someone had a good Christmas...

Could also be it tbf :D

I've always hovered around the same weight and I'm fairly thin. Perhaps I'm not used to the fitted style of these new jerseys. Going to have to if the Kappa ones next year are any good lol

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm sure it's not a manufacturing issue. 

I'm not sure I understand, it's still a Fanatics issue. I don't think Luke would have had any say in the fit, he met with the Fanatics design team, worked with them on getting the colours and basic designs done, paid to have his badge on them and left. They're Fanatics shirts, they lead the design and they make them - they're responsible for fit. If you hate them this year, you'll most likely hate them next year won't you?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure I understand, it's still a Fanatics issue. I don't think Luke would have had any say in the fit, he met with the Fanatics design team, worked with them on getting the colours and basic designs done, paid to have his badge on them and left. They're Fanatics shirts, they lead the design and they make them - they're responsible for fit. If you hate them this year, you'll most likely hate them next year won't you?

Well normally when a designer designs a shirt, they will also design the fit. The designs then go off for manufacture. They are two separate processes.

You seem itk regarding the arrangement though so perhaps you're right. 

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You will be surprised, I did it, it's abit baggy not to much but feels right, glad I didn't do large.

Something about Nike and addidas shirts that are mostly to tight for your size, get Lonsdale or everlast and they're fine it seems.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well normally when a designer designs a shirt, they will also design the fit. The designs then go off for manufacture. They are two separate processes.

You seem itk regarding the arrangement though so perhaps you're right. 

From what Rob has said about the relationship it sounds as if Luke had a lot less to do with it than everyone assumed.

Hope we get a leak instead of the same old pathetic ‘shrouded in secrecy for an underwhelming big reveal’ plop we always do. It’s been bloody years since Palette gate and then shop worker man. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

oh dear god...

aston-villa-to-sign-kappa-kit-deal.jpg

If we didn't already have ITK, I'd laught at this article

Following one season with local brand Luke Sport, Aston Villa are set to get kitted out by Kappa starting next season, according to fan blog 7500 To Holte. It's worth noting that the same outlet already broke the news on the Luke Sport deal a year ago.

Online journalism is the worst.

Tbh....as long as the kit looks good and the club receives a healthier bank balance because of it, I don't mind who makes it.  

I think that once we are an established Premier team again, Adidas will become our official supplier and I'd expect that naming rights might be on the cards too to increase the £££.

• Like 1

Â