Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Our second away game in 4 days, whilst this will be their second home game. We played a crunching local derby on Sunday, whilst they cruised to a 3-0 win on Saturday...

I'm worried that fatigue may play a part in this game. Sorry to say a draw might be a good result here. At least this may turn out to be an actual football match instead of the dirge that Birmingham decided to "play".

Steer

Elmo       Hause      Mings    Taylor

Hourihane

El Ghazi  McGinn  Grealish  Green

Abraham

Whelan to replace Grealish in the second half, he may stuggle to see out 60 minutes in this one but he's vital as we all know.

Kodjia and Green will also need to play a big part in this one.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

I can't see us sharing 10 goals this time! A win would take us above Forest and might also take us within 3 points of sixth. This won't be an easy game though and our former manager and their current boss, will have them well up for this meeting of past Midland winners of the European Cup. We last won at Forest last season. They have one win to show from their last twelve league games against us. Overall we have won 52 and have drawn 29 of the 113 league meetings there have been between the two clubs. 

I think this has the makings of a good game of football. I really hope that we show up for this one. We can't afford to carry any passengers in this game and we need to find the consistently good away form we had before we lost Jack through injury last year. Another win would be ideal, a point would be better than the alternative. Win another one for us Villa!  

• Like 2

I always fancy an Away game where we didn’t Win the Home one, ...as doing the double over teams doesn’t happen that often.

In my little world it makes it more likely we will Win.

So I’ll go for a narrow 4-1 to us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Our second away game in 4 days, whilst this will be their second home game. We played a crunching local derby on Sunday, whilst they cruised to a 3-0 win on Saturday...

I'm worried that fatigue may play a part in this game. Sorry to say a draw might be a good result here. At least this may turn out to be an actual football match instead of the dirge that Birmingham decided to "play".

Agree with this. Sunday’s game would have taken a lot out of both sets of players. 

Unfortunately Bristol play Ipswich tonight so we’ll most likely be 6 points off playoffs before the Forest game. :(

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree with this. Sunday’s game would have taken a lot out of both sets of players. 

Unfortunately Bristol play Ipswich tonight so we’ll most likely be 6 points off playoffs before the Forest game. :(

Can't worry about other results. Just win!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The same Ipswich that just drew against the baggies? Agent Bree providing the assist for the Ipswich goal? Not a given that Bristol will win it. 

We need 3 points in almost every game though so the more wins we can put together in this run the better. Forest being a MON team will be well motivated and organised, they'll be direct you'd think too, can't let Lolley have as much space as he got at Villa Park or we'll get beat.

Thanks Tractor Boys and Paul Lambert! Well done! Their 1-1 draw at Bristol City tonight is another little bonus for us going into the game tomorrow, even more incentive than there was already. Come on Villa! Please stay on track.🛤️